v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I think the club would of done better getting together some Sunday league players from Derby for this game - our lads don’t want to tackle or head the ball

That would have been brilliant! Proper Roy of the rovers stuff. It’s January, so we could have signed up ‘free agent’, 30 year old Dave from the dog and duck, on a one match contract. 

As ever whenever we make a physical challenge it’s a free kick against, but Chorley are muscling through everything and we’ve only had 3 free kicks ourselves. Consequently our boys are holding back from the challenges so it is easy for Chorley.

I remember when I started playing Sunday league when I was 16/17. 

I was alright but the first run of games we're tough and I struggled against the physicality and experience of the older guys after playing for years against lads my own age on an equal footing.

Just running and putting yourself about isn’t always an answer!

1 minute ago, DavesaRam said:

As ever whenever we make a physical challenge it’s a free kick against, but Chorley are muscling through everything and we’ve only had 3 free kicks ourselves. Consequently our boys are holding back from the challenges so it is easy for Chorley.

Not forgetting when we k in the ball against their defenders and it goal out for a corner, it awarded as a goal kick instead ?

I’m sorry but I’ve played on Saturdays and Sundays in games like this - me being a young lad against physical & experenced teams - were not doing the basics off the ball and were being lazy on it. 

I fear some of these lads will wake up tomorrow with a regret of not leaving everything out on the pitch 

as a younger player against more physical men youve got to have some balls and try be physical. its the reason why some youngsters break through and some dont. youre technical ability is useless if youre never on the ball because youre scared

Just now, Edtheram said:

I’m sorry but I’ve played on Saturdays and Sundays in games like this - me being a young lad against physical & experenced teams - were not doing the basics off the ball and were being lazy on it. 

I fear some of these lads will wake up tomorrow with a regret of not leaving everything out on the pitch 

No you haven't

Sith Happens
Just now, Ellafella said:

Not until the ref has awarded it. 

so if a ball goes out of a play for a throw in, a player picks it up before the linesman or ref signals which way it goes then it's a yellow card? this happens loads you see players pick the ball up before its been awarded either way.

Archived