v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

David

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i understand theyre all making their debuts but some are not up for the fight. were second best to every ball and their workrate is 10x better. i understand the circumstances but youd thought theyd give a bit more. also please stop lumping it 

1 minute ago, Sith Happens said:

only 1 Derby player between the attacker and goal when the ball was played 

Are you only counting outfield players? I saw at least 3 players challenging for the ball, 2 Derby and 1 Chorley. I think at least one of the Derby players was the close call for the decision. Going on that 1,replay and the live action. 

Sith Happens
Just now, Wazztie16 said:

Are you only counting outfield players? I saw at least 3 players challenging for the ball, 2 Derby and 1 Chorley. I think at least one of the Derby players was the close call for the decision. Going on that 1,replay and the live action. 

yeah the keeper was half way down the pitch 

I suspect many of you may be overestimating the quality of youth players. Very few of the players you're looking at are the better players in our academy; cos the better players train with the first team even when they're not in first team squads.

The idea of them just needing to "play" against this side implies that they're better footballers than these non-league players. That is not going to be the case in a lot of areas of the pitch. Some of the players in a Derby shirt right now will never play another game of senior football.

4 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

yeah the keeper was half way down the pitch 

I'll have another look at half time, not about the keeper by the way ?

Managed to find the replay on the BBC website, I think there's at least 2 Derby players playing Chorley player onside when the ball is played by the previous Chorley player. Happy to be proven wrong though. 

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Intent is not irrelevant. 

It is when it comes to infractions like hand ball. It explicitly is. Handball is never dangerous; so intent to handle a ball-in-play is irrelevant if the ball is dead when your hand comes into contact with it.

1 minute ago, Monty said:

This is looking poor we seem to have lost shape and following the ball - always going to struggle physically 

We look scared. No shape. No appetite. No guile. A not very good advert for us though admittedly it is men v boys. 

Archived