v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Which is the maddest thing of many mad things regarding Covid. What's the point of the country spending billions to develop a massive testing system if you can't use a negative result to let people get back to work rather than twiddling their thumbs in isolation for ten days?

Crazy, this is what I found on the nhs site

If you test negative (the test did not find coronavirus):

keep self-isolating for the rest of the 10 days from when you were last in contact with the person who has coronavirus – as you could get symptoms after being tested

so what is the value of a negative test?

8 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Crazy, this is what I found on the nhs site

If you test negative (the test did not find coronavirus):

keep self-isolating for the rest of the 10 days from when you were last in contact with the person who has coronavirus – as you could get symptoms after being tested

so what is the value of a negative test?

No value now but it’s why the normal person only has a test if you have symptoms.

1 hour ago, OUTSIDER said:

am i the only one think this isnt a bad as it seems, win it will do young ones good  and experiance.  better than the first team may be beaten by lower league club

Definitely not the only one. i am looking forward to watching the youngsters play a meaningful top competition game. It will give them invaluable experience that will stand them in good stead for the years to come.

Edited by SIXTEEN AGAIN

I still find it weird that we have to play a team of teenagers rather than postpone.  Rotherham canned us rather than chuck out their juniors. I know it's not exactly the same but where do you draw the line.  I for one would quite like a cup run but we have a very realistic chance of losing this (even more than if the 1st team were available if that'spossible). Chorley must be over the moon, which if I were them so would I be.  That said, most of the team will get a rest ready to go again in the league which is the main priority I know (hoping of course they're all ok). And of course it'll be great experience for the kids, who may all do us proud. It remains bizarre times. 

Edited by BucksRam
Missed a bit.
11 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Definitely not the only one. i am looking forward to watching the youngsters play a meaningful to competition game. It willgive them invaluable experience that will stand them in good stead for the years to come.

Said it before but if we play this by fielding the kids what is to stop the efl making us do the same if it was a league game?

I find this strange. I would have thought the game should have been rearranged like all the other league games that have been? Surely Rotherham would of had enough players from their U123s/18s to play our fixture?

48 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Which is the maddest thing of many mad things regarding Covid. What's the point of the country spending billions to develop a massive testing system if you can't use a negative result to let people get back to work rather than twiddling their thumbs in isolation for ten days?

It’s to take into account the incubation period 

1 minute ago, Beetle said:

I find this strange. I would have thought the game should have been rearranged like all the other league games that have been? Surely Rotherham would of had enough players from their U123s/18s to play our fixture?

Different competition so different rules

1 minute ago, Beetle said:

Í think the rules about number of players available might be different for fa cup and efl league games

it will be a nice run out for the younger players and nothing to lose.

I kind of feel sorry for Chorley if we do play the tie, cup ties are always about giving teams and players a chance to test themselves against those they wouldn't normally and I'm sure the victory will be soured if it's against what's not even our second string team. It's now put us into a no lose position, if we play and win it's great for the youngsters and if we lose it's no surprise really. I believe cup runs can be used as a tool to improve our league form but at this moment in time we're fighting for survival and potentially a couple of injuries from being in a really bad position so risking anyone key would be monumentally stupid. 

Edited by Leeds Ram
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Not good news that we’re going to have to play a load of kids - it’s a very unfortunate situation we find ourselves in, but what can you do?

Seems fair enough to me to make teams play cup matches so long as they have enough available players. We’ve got to get these matches played for the good of the competition, and it won’t be fair on teams like Chorley if big games are just abandoned. Not postponing the game should help our fixture schedule too.

Can the women's team play the match?