v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

Day

40 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

"Criminal" - really? And would you say that to those suffering dementia due to heading footballs in their careers? Its bad on here today. Night night

Is that even proven? It’s one header fookin hell man, no different than banging your head on a shelf 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Quite cannable. If you took a team of under 12’s and asked them to compete against a team of under 15’s who train together week after week, who would you expect to win ? 

The under 12's, Coz it's illegal to beat young kids.

The youngsters need to be applauded for their efforts today. The commentator said the average age of our side overall was just 19 years old with some being just over 17. 

We must remember they were playing against fully grown, well built, physical men who were in no mood to get shown up by our kids. 

They put up a fantastic show of hard work,effort and at times some skill but a tittle naivety and lack of physical strength in challenges (which is to be expected) was the main difference. 

Losing today was no disgrace what's so ever for our lads.

If we had by chance won it would have been classed a giant killing act today.

Chin up lads and keep going. Work hard and success will come.

2 hours ago, Xlor said:

Who are you to tell anyone to give it a rest? 

Agree, disagree, ignore, whatever. 

How is it nonsense? Spanked by chorley. Chorley, not liverpool, chorley. 

We had a lad up top that's bagged shed loads for liverpool, man city, Fiorentina who never had a kick. There overweight forward scored and sang adele to a bbc reporter with a bud in hand. We're a laughing stock

Are you for real?

A patched together side consisting of U23s and U18s, missing the majority of our most promising U23 players, who have probably only been playing together properly for a a few days, get “spanked” 2-0 by Chorley and we’re a laughing stock? 

Slightly hyperbolic response to a game I’m pretty sure most fans had written off as nothing more than a good opportunity to see how the youth get on.

A lot of these tier 3 and 4 teams have a hard core of either ex-league players, often at Championship level, or Academy players who have been released, (Jamie Vardy being an example of one of the latter.) Some even have experience at national representative level.

They keep themselves fit, so training twice a week means concentrating on set pieces and the like with their team-mates, who probably live many miles away and have other jobs. They are definitely NOT pub players.

It is no disgrace losing to teams of this calibre in the circumstances.

As a personal observation skim reading back a few pages as cba to look back at the whole thread can't understand how someone posting their opinions would then warrant them being kicked off this forum.

There quickly wouldn't be a forum left if you follow that statement to its logical conclusion.

Unless the true import of that statement was kicking someone off the forum for posting views that were against the status quo on the same said forum which again would be a totally invalid reason and totally disproportionate demanding that.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

@Tyler Durdenwhilst i agree with the sentiment, “deliberate trolling” and basically antagonising people could lead to a justifiable ban. Some thought they were being trolled and antagonised. 

I guess the clear distinction is between someone perceiving that they are being trolled and whether they actually were or not. 

Point I'm trying to make is peoples tolerance or threshold levels are totally different from person to person. Doesn't mean though that their perception isn't valid but it also doesn't mean by the same token that the alleged act also took place. 

14 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

A lot of these tier 3 and 4 teams have a hard core of either ex-league players, often at Championship level, or Academy players who have been released, (Jamie Vardy being an example of one of the latter.) Some even have experience at national representative level.

They keep themselves fit, so training twice a week means concentrating on set pieces and the like with their team-mates, who probably live many miles away and have other jobs. They are definitely NOT pub players.

It is no disgrace losing to teams of this calibre in the circumstances.

Yep a quick look through the history of their players reveals a number that have had lower league experience in leagues 1+2.

Only Hutchinson has any league experience from our team I believe.

Thats one reason right there......the idea that these guys were a bunch of no hoper cloggers from a factory or building site is well wide of the mark!

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Punished? Can we move on that was my point seems a very emotive matter, there's a fine line between being a WUM and a troll IMHO.

And isn't that what the block button is for on here?

What's a WUM out of interest? 

I think the Guardian sums it up quite nicely:

Those who started wore 1 to 11 on their shirts because none of them owned a first-team squad number. They did not disgrace the club, though. Far from it. But this was men against boys, epitomised by Chorley’s front two, Harry Cardwell and Connor Hall, who terrorised the three teenage Derby defenders all afternoon. The theme was similar across the field, with Chorley’s seniority undoubtedly giving them a clear edge.

I’ve said it before and I’ll reiterate it again. That would’ve been a real tough game had we gone there with a full strength first team let alone what we actually took! 

Chorley have been to Peterborough and Wigan’s first teams and beaten them on their own patches!!! Facing a team of kids most of who had never played any senior football before in their lives at home on a difficult surface that was frozen solid the second you stepped over the line of the pitch in front of live TV was right up their alley! 

An immensely difficult fixture in normal circumstances let alone how the last week panned out!! 

In all it was a decent showing if not spectacular or eye catching it was in the very least hard working which as fans is all we ask for isnt it?

Things may have been different had we scored first and to be honest we should’ve with what was the only real moment of quality from either side in the whole game!

A global pandemic forces a football team to put a C team of boys out. Subsequent C team gets schooled by grown men. 

Good luck to Chorley but the last thing Derby want this season is a cup run anyway.

Social media does make me laugh, however. Just read a Bolton fan on Twitter state that as Derby are the richer of the two clubs, they should have avoided covid better. Honest to god, I despair.

Far more important things going on in the world, hopefully the off field events can get sorted with haste, but I won’t hold my breath.

I really want a time where I never hear the words: “imminent”, “48 hours” or “close” ever again.

Archived