Sky Bet pay out on Rooney

silhillian

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s because he’s been in caretaker charge for so long, that he effectively counts as the next permanent manager. It’s a joke really that there’s been uncertainty around the job for so long, it can’t be good for Rooney or the players. The job is obviously Wayne’s to lose now though, when Mel eventually decides to appoint someone. I’m sure he will give up on this non-takeover soon.

54 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I think it is 10 that they pay out on but today is his 9th in sole charge as Rotherham was postponed.  A mistake or do they know something??

Probably applies even if games are postponed because he was literally there for the game to be played. Would have been nice to have those three points in the bag now.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s because he’s been in caretaker charge for so long, that he effectively counts as the next permanent manager. It’s a joke really that there’s been uncertainty around the job for so long, it can’t be good for Rooney or the players. The job is obviously Wayne’s to lose now though, when Mel eventually decides to appoint someone. I’m sure he will give up on this non-takeover soon.

Rooney had a chat with the takeover team and knows what he had to do. If we dismiss the Wendies like we did Brum then we are becoming s formidable team.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I can see how that works. Pullis left after ten games so some people would also have cashed in on that.

Pulis was announced as their permanent manager. The bookies would have paid out even if he only managed 1 game.

However, if a temporary manager is in charge of 10 games, the bookies treat them as being a permanent manager.

Archived