Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

All payments in my experience are in arrears surely? Have never come across an instance in my work experience of workers being paid in advance, football player or otherwise. 

Well I’m paid middle of month, like my wife.

It was more though they were paid on the 1st last year rather that the 28th which is what seems to happen when it’s end of the month.

The December story fits more with a 1st payment but I’ve never heard any company paying their staff in the month following.

38 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Sad if true but if the tin is empty and nothing going in it how can anything come out of it ?

as aside note if we have stopped taking season ticket direct debits it wouldn’t indicate that we are desperate for money in my mind 

Don't want to spoil the party,but have you ever considered it might be for this reason ?

Directors of companies have responsibilities under company law to protect creditors, particularly when trading whilst technically insolvent.

Not suggesting that's the case,but a point worth considering.

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Whilst this is extremely unprofessional and down right second rate behaviour on a business and employment level.

A question that I would like to know the answer to is.... who keeps leaking this information to the press??

Take your pick from any one of the unpaid players. The point at which I'm not being paid is the point at which I stop protecting my employers, at least that's how I'd see it. 

11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Take your pick from any one of the unpaid players. The point at which I'm not being paid is the point at which I stop protecting my employers, at least that's how I'd see it. 

In which case, would said players be happy to carry one under an new ownership that had started off in such a manner?

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Whilst this is extremely unprofessional and down right second rate behaviour on a business and employment level.

A question that I would like to know the answer to is.... who keeps leaking this information to the press??

I thought that was obvious. Take your pick out of any disgruntled employee. We've given them the opportunity to progress this information so we need to be focusing at how the issue has arisen in the first place not the sharing of privy knowledge.

7 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

All payments in my experience are in arrears surely? Have never come across an instance in my work experience of workers being paid in advance, football player or otherwise. 

I get paid in the middle of the month so half in arrears and half in advance. 

7 hours ago, Rev said:

In which case, would said players be happy to carry one under an new ownership that had started off in such a manner?

Not sure I understand the question? Might just be me! 

I'm sure they are happy to carry on but a player who has not been paid is likely to be less inclined to bat away reporters or people asking awkward questions about the club. I'd assume that to be the case regardless of who is in charge. 

As it happens that is currently Mel, so the buck stops with him for the fact there are still unpaid players. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm beginning to get the impression you don't like Mel. ?

Not a lot lol

I believe he is dragging the club down now.  He may have had good intentions to start with, but its clear to all now he's lost interest in the club and needs to go Asap.

Perhaps it's just that everything seems miserable at the moment, but for me this suggests a terrible and sad state of affairs. I stress I have zero inside knowledge of what's going on, but it sounds as if neither Mel nor the Sheik has any money (in terms of cash flow rather than stuff tied up in assets they can't or won't liquidate). If wages were due 10 days ago and still haven't been paid, that's not an administrative hiccup. It makes me fear somewhat for what is going to happen with the club.

If he’s expecting the club to be taken over and December wages be picked up by the new owners then Mel isn’t going to foot the bill, he’s going to wait for a the takeover to complete.

The onus is now on the new owners to confirm what is happening and if they don’t want to complete or don’t have the money to complete then deal off, Mel pays the players and we move on.

Unless Mel has lost his £515m fortune or doesn’t have enough cash available to continue which we have no reason to believe at this point is the case. If it’s a case of not wanting to finance us any more, that’s fine but he’s not going to leave the club in the lurch.

I could be wrong but I just don’t see this is another Pickering/Three Amigos situation 

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Unless they have been told something we don't know and as such are fully on board with the reasons it will be almost impossible to motivate players who aren't getting paid. They may well refuse to play. I wouldn't blame them. 

I very strongly suspect that, if indeed they still haven’t been paid yet, the players are receiving far more communications than we are - and rightly so. As such, whilst within their rights and I wouldn’t necessarily blame them and they may not be happy with situation (are any of us, including Mel I suspect?) I’d stunned if any refused to play.

Archived