Derby Fail to Pay Players On Time (Again)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is it illegal to break an employment contract? Punishable by what exactly?

Not a crime but leaves the club open to legal challenge under the Employment Rights act and or breach of contract, the punishment for which is an award of damages which is normally the level of missing payments plus any costs incurred / late payment charges. Can also lead to termination of contract with the claimant being awarded notice pay or loss of future earnings.

Just now, Ramleicester said:

Not a crime but leaves the club open to legal challenge under the Employment Rights act and or breach of contract, the punishment for which is an award of damages which is normally the level of missing payments plus any costs incurred / late payment charges. Can also lead to termination of contract with the claimant being awarded notice pay or loss of future earnings.

Absolutely so not an offence.

And am well aware of the potential redress for being found in breach of contract as had posted some of the same scenarios yesterday. But not a criminal offence and not illegal. 

54 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is it illegal to break an employment contract? Punishable by what exactly?

Can make a claim for unlawful deduction of wages....are you saying a breach of an employment contract is lawful and there is no comeback? Do you still think we need top 6 form until the end of the season to stay up? 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can make a claim for unlawful deduction of wages....are you saying a breach of an employment contract is lawful and there is no comeback? Do you still think we need top 6 form until the end of the season to stay up? 

You can make a claim for breach of contract absolutely as I've already said. Wouldn't be illegal though if said contract was breached. Would be heard in a small claims court or industrial tribunal only if the employee wasn't working for the employer any more. Neither of whom have powers to punish the perpetrator if found guilty so cannot be classified as an offence therefore not illegal. They can award compensation absolutely if they find that the contract have been breached. But not a criminal court of law. 

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You can make a claim for breach of contract absolutely as I've already said. Wouldn't be illegal though if said contract was breached. Would be heard in a small claims court or industrial tribunal only if the employee wasn't working for the employer any more. Neither of whom have powers to punish the perpetrator if found guilty so cannot be classified as an offence therefore not illegal. They can award compensation absolutely if they find that the contract have been breached. But not a criminal court of law. 

Yes, obviously not a criminal act but the term of redress is unlawful deduction of wages.....hopefully we can find top 6 form for the rest of the season to stay up ?

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, obviously not a criminal act but the term of redress is unlawful deduction of wages.....hopefully we can find top 6 form for the rest of the season to stay up ?

I do know we're in the bottom 3 as I type this. Can argue the toss about anything else. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Take that as an acceptance of your wee error and factual inaccuracy, fair play ?

Take that as a grave concern about our current predicament. And how dire the result was yesterday.

I don't share other posters acceptance that we'll be OK seems a very casual and glib statement as you can probably tell but respect their opinions.

And as a personal hierarchy do not want us to be sat at home on the final day looking at other results. But would prefer that to not even being able to get that far. I want us to be mathematically safe from relegation well before the end of the season. Can't see that happening. But that's just me. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Take that as a grave concern about our current predicament. And how dire the result was yesterday.

I don't share other posters acceptance that we'll be OK seems a very casual and glib statement as you can probably tell but respect their opinions.

And as a personal hierarchy do not want us to be sat at home on the final day looking at other results. But would prefer that to not even being able to get that far. I want us to be mathematically safe from relegation well before the end of the season. Can't see that happening. But that's just me. 

Yes but we don’t need top 6 form for the rest of the season to stay up do we, can you just clear that one up and put that error to bed and we can move on ?

12 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

It would be nice if whoever leaked this story will be as quick to confirm when they have been paid but I bet there won’t be 12 pages about that.

I do hear what you say Pearl, but you can never keep a lid on things like that. Not limited to football clubs and if any company wishes to tarnish it's name, the quickest and most surefire way to do so, is to fail to pay your staff. 

1 minute ago, europia said:

I do hear what you say Pearl, but you can never keep a lid on things like that. Not limited to football clubs and if any company wishes to tarnish it's name, the quickest and most surefire way to do so, is to fail to pay your staff. 

100% this. It's a shambles.

I wonder if lesser mortals than players (such as the tea lady) have also been left in the lurch?

16 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Would not be at all surprised if the so called leak came from a ex player. If it was sent out on e mail they may still be on the email list.... where I work there are still people on the distribution list that left years ago. 

If this is the case your IT administrator needs a warning at the very least. 

On 02/01/2021 at 15:41, Jimbo Ram said:

We need 4 points from every 3 games to get 55 points. 49 points went down last year.

5 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

My wife and 49 points have something in common ?

I think you need to check your definition of "going down"... and certainly need to stop trusting everything you read on t'internet! 
It appears she "Almost" went down, but staunchly refused to finish the job!

This may be a blow, and I seriously hope your marriage can survive this revelation, but the facts are, Charlton, Wigan, and Hull went down, on 48, 47, and 45 points respectively.
Barnsley stayed where they were, on 49 points.  Tired, uninspired, and seemingly, with no realistic likelihood of going down this year, either!

I'll get on my knees...and pray for you, brother.  

#blame @Rampage

https://www.google.com/search?q=efl+championship+league+table+2019%2F20&oq=efl+championship+league+positions+2019%2F20&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i22i30i457.26410j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=lg;/g/11fjxdzm71;2;/m/0355pl;st;fp;1;;

Archived