v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wayne has built the revival on out- running the opposition. As soon as we get tired the system breaks down . I would love to say everything will be fine. However as the season goes on things like injuries and suspensions can make things hard. I just pray it doesn’t come down to the last game of the season v Wednesday

It won’t ?

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to say how much I have enjoyed the matches since Rooney's been in charge. I was sceptical at first but have been won over.  The players look like they are enjoying their football again and they are putting in a good shift. Our improvement will not be linear and there will be days, like yesterday, when we don't get a good result but I am much more optimistic for our future now.

6 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

I just want to say how much I have enjoyed the matches since Rooney's been in charge. I was sceptical at first but have been won over.  The players look like they are enjoying their football again and they are putting in a good shift. Our improvement will not be linear and there will be days, like yesterday, when we don't get a good result but I am much more optimistic for our future now.

Totally agree ?

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wayne has built the revival on out- running the opposition. As soon as we get tired the system breaks down . I would love to say everything will be fine. However as the season goes on things like injuries and suspensions can make things hard. 

He has limited resources - he has little in the way of options currently. Hopefully we can get some transfers in soon.

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He has limited resources - he has little in the way of options currently. Hopefully we can get some transfers in soon.

I think if the current starting X1 and bench stay fit, we will stay competitive, especially with Waggers and Lawrence to come back. We might struggle a bit if injuries and suspensions hit. Two or three decent additions would help.

24 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Anyone else think last night was reminiscent of Mac 1?  Opposition rough housing, set up to stop us playing, and an inability for us to either cope or adapt to it?

Rooney better get working on a Plan B ?

Mac then brought in Bent as Plan B. We have Marriott waiting in the wings as another option, and hopefully another striker.

22 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Anyone else think last night was reminiscent of Mac 1?  Opposition rough housing, set up to stop us playing, and an inability for us to either cope or adapt to it?

More our ineptitude of missing chances and horrific penalty decisions.  Unlike Forest who get a penalty every week it seems- handball.

23 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

At what point in that game did we not cope? They scored a scrappy goal, other than that they barely had a shot..

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You do realise we have half a season to go?

But we already had half a season. We are going to pick up injuries, suspensions and have more bad days at the office. Bottom 3 at Xmas means we have skit to do and need others to continue their poor results. 

12 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

But we already had half a season. We are going to pick up injuries, suspensions and have more bad days at the office. Bottom 3 at Xmas means we have skit to do and need others to continue their poor results. 

If we are in the bottom 6 with 6 games to go I will worry with you. We are a different team now and better than the teams around us. We will comfortably stay up ?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If we are in the bottom 6 with 6 games to go I will worry with you. We are a different team now and better than the teams around us. We will comfortably stay up ?

Really hope so. The sooner we get some space between us and the bottom 3, the more relaxed I’ll become

If we're pinning our hopes on the return of Waghorn and Lawrence to solve the creativity problem then we might as well get buckled up for a long hard winter.

We need a player with some magic to break down packed defences when we go behind - I haven't checked, but heard yesterday that we have lost all 11 games when conceeding the first goal - it wouldn't surprise me.

Archived