Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Not sure why the club felt the need to make it public.

Rumours out already, if they say he was just out of the 18 then we'd have serious questions given Waggy and Lawrence are out. 

If they said he was injured we would have all moaned that he was too injury prone and to get rid. 

Ripping the plaster off might hurt now but if issues persist it could otherwise be a slow and painful process full of tabloid gossip. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t won’t to lambast him or write him off over this latest event. Not without knowing the full details.
   
However my main concern is Derby County’s welfare and so far Ibe has brought nothing to the table and is looking like a poor signing. Just hope that if his attitude isn’t quite right it doesn’t affect the others and we aren’t paying him too much to twiddle his thumbs.  
   
Still hope he can come good and offer something purely for nostalgia reasons but it’s not looking likely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Why? Why should we? He’s  employed to play and perform, not for us to nurse maid 
 

We did our charity bit giving him the opportunity to get back into a team, presumably paying him for the privilege. If that's not enough to inspire him to put in the effort, I think we're justified in letting him go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

We did our charity bit giving him the opportunity to get back into a team, presumably paying him for the privilege. If that's not enough to inspire him to put in the effort, I think we're justified in letting him go. 

fair comment tho hard to be certain what's gone on if not itk       But sure, players have to be self-motivating - the training footage early in the season showed JI was not close to full fitness. It also showed WR was overweight   !  

Edited by kevinhectoring
Link to post
Share on other sites

As I know none of the facts other than he faces an internal disciplinary and was dropped from the squad I am only in a position to speculate ie suggest possible scenarios as to what happened and why. I don’t really see the point in that. Essentially when not armed with any specific facts (though hats off to footy mum for ITK post) it’s guess work. Gossip. As another poster has recently reminded us there is big difference between fact and opinion... and speculation. 
Did we think that after his troubles that he would turn up to training, put his Derby top on, lose weight and terrorise defences? 
That, I would speculate, would have be even naive and extremely hopeful. It would have been expecting everything to have gone to plan, in a best case scenario. I envy your life if it works like that .. mine doesn’t 🙈 - I’m a Derby fan after all 😂

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a whole bunch of things that are plausable to merit internal disciplinary investigation. We don't know what they are. I'm not saying it any of these (so don't anyone think I am trying to say that) but plausible reasons could include covid-19 violations, not doing work that's expected (training), attitude or behaviour (persistant lateness or absence), substance abuse (alcohol or otherwise) or any number of other things or combination of things. We don't know, so should spare judgment, but that fact there an internal investigation and that investigation has been disclosed is not a good look for him (or the club in my opinion).

Whether or not depression or other issues are contributing (and we have no idea if that is the case) actions still have consiquences.

If he's struggling with mental heath, that's one thing and not to knocked - professional football is a very pressurised ocupation and even with the best will in the world it may be too much for some people. Being gifted with skill is only part of what goes into making it as a pro.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Can we please close this thread until more details are released? There are too many jumping to conclusions and making some rather unsavoury comments that I’d expect to see on Twitter not this forum.

Well said. Questioning his attitude based on rumours is, at the very best, disrespectful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

There's a whole bunch of things that are plausable to merit internal disciplinary investigation. We don't know what they are. I'm not saying it any of these (so don't anyone think I am trying to say that) but plausible reasons could include covid-19 violations, not doing work that's expected (training), attitude or behaviour (persistant lateness or absence), substance abuse (alcohol or otherwise) or any number of other things or combination of things. We don't know, so should spare judgment, but that fact there an internal investigation and that investigation has been disclosed is not a good look for him (or the club in my opinion).

Whether or not depression or other issues are contributing (and we have no idea if that is the case) actions still have consiquences.

If he's struggling with mental heath, that's one thing and not to knocked - professional football is a very pressurised ocupation and even with the best will in the world it may be too much for some people. Being gifted with skill is only part of what goes into making it as a pro.

 

It was his turn to do the recycling.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

This is a forum fella not an agenda 

Transfer rumours get shut down on here if there isn't a substantial source to the rumour. Why can't it be the same for one of our players and their current situation?

I enjoy a balanced discussion about all things Derby County, but it seems as though some people are taking online rumours as fact and feeding them to others. As soon as there are more facts about the disciplinary procedure or events from reputable sources we should either close this thread (to stop further unsubstantiated rumours spreading) or make people aware that this forum isn't the place to be posting claims about players or the team without a reputable source.

It all seems pretty toxic, when we should all be enjoying the recent revival of the first team and how we're doing on the pitch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roboto said:

Transfer rumours get shut down on here if there isn't a substantial source to the rumour. Why can't it be the same for one of our players and their current situation?

I enjoy a balanced discussion about all things Derby County, but it seems as though some people are taking online rumours as fact and feeding them to others. As soon as there are more facts about the disciplinary procedure or events from reputable sources we should either close this thread (to stop further unsubstantiated rumours spreading) or make people aware that this forum isn't the place to be posting claims about players or the team without a reputable source.

It all seems pretty toxic, when we should all be enjoying the recent revival of the first team and how we're doing on the pitch.

There is a link to this. People speculate on it, that’s what a forum is! Otherwise it’s just news. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.