Jordon Ibe

Bubbles

On 15/03/2021 at 11:22, ramboy63 said:

Try https://footballleaguefc.com/ he is on 20 grand a week on there,either way you look at the contract its a joke given the situation the clubs in and football in general

It's a joke either way you look at it?

One way is that he's on the sort of big money wages that some websites have made up, which is a joke.

The other way you look at it, that he's on very low wages with incentive bonuses, as suggested by reputable sources, is also a joke? 

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta laugh. We knew the risks, we took him on. That's where the story starts and finishes. I was very excited when we signed him as were the vast majority. Spitting out after-the-fact words of wisdom is pretty pointless. We are where we are and the only choice we have is to see out the year and then assess whether Jordon is going to be able to play games for us or not. Personally, I'd love nothing more than to see him terrorise this league, but if we can't get him fit enough in mind or body, we've given him a chance, been immensely patient and can cut ties with a clear conscience.

And for the record (and as I've said before), a pal of mine knows Jordon and he too has said that the lad is on a pay-as-you-play deal, so the bed-wetting over his wages can stop as can the derision from some quarters over claims he's not on a full wage packet.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Gotta laugh. We knew the risks, we took him on. That's where the story starts and finishes. I was very excited when we signed him as were the vast majority. Spitting out after-the-fact words of wisdom is pretty pointless. We are where we are and the only choice we have is to see out the year and then assess whether Jordon is going to be able to play games for us or not. Personally, I'd love nothing more than to see him terrorise this league, but if we can't get him fit enough in mind or body, we've given him a chance, been immensely patient and can cut ties with a clear conscience.

And for the record (and as I've said before), a pal of mine knows Jordon and he too has said that the lad is on a pay-as-you-play deal, so the bed-wetting over his wages can stop as can the derision from some quarters over claims he's not on a full wage packet.

The only comment I'd make is it's a very casual way of looking at things if we chose Ibe in preference to recruiting another winger in the expectation that he would contribute to the side this season so we have indeed lost out in this respect regardless of how much we are or aren't paying him. So did we know the risks? 

When does spitting out after the facts words of wisdom actually become critically appraising decisions as a club or any walk of life to make sure that the same mistakes (if applicable) don't become a pattern especially given our excellent recent track record in the transfer market. 

22 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

When does spitting out after the facts words of wisdom actually become critically appraising decisions as a club

It doesn't.

Might I ask, did you highlight these concerns on the transfer thread before we actually signed the lad?

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

It doesn't.

Might I ask, did you highlight these concerns on the transfer thread before we actually signed the lad?

You ignored the bit I posted about the expectation that Ibe would play this season against getting another winger in which I put forward as the most salient point. 

If we did expect him to play and we didn't progress another winger accordingly then this would be to our detriment regardless of whether he is being paid 5 pounds or 5 grand a week.

My personal expectations and I hope the club as well were that at the start of the season he would have made some contribution to the first team, I didn't even contemplate that it would be March now and has hardly kicked a ball in anger for us to answer your point and doesn't seem likely to do so any time soon. 

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

My personal expectations and I hope the club as well were that at the start of the season he would have made some contribution to the first team, I didn't even contemplate that it would be March now and has hardly kicked a ball in anger for us to answer your point and doesn't seem likely to do so any time soon.

He's obviously a lot further off than we hoped but he hasn't had a broken toe has he - it's far more complex than that.

At this stage you have to think that if the club can support him and help him get to the stage where he's playing and enjoying football in the first team next season then that would be a massive success story.

3 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

He's obviously a lot further off than we hoped but he hasn't had a broken toe has he - it's far more complex than that.

At this stage you have to think that if the club can support him and help him get to the stage where he's playing and enjoying football in the first team next season then that would be a massive success story.

Agreed but again my original point is being overlooked and discarded - if we got Ibe in at the start of the season and didn't progress any other winger likewise as the expectation was that he would have contributed to the team that would be to our detriment and wouldn't matter if we were paying the guy 5 grand or 5p a week. 

30 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You ignored the bit I posted about the expectation that Ibe would play this season against getting another winger in which I put forward as the most salient point. 

You do know that on top of him being paid as he plays, ie nothing, he was also a free transfer? I didn't ignore your comment I just didn't feel the need to reiterate what I've already said on several occasions across several threads, including this one. If a free transfer on a pay as you play was all we could afford at the time, who else would you have suggested bringing in?

If we did expect him to play and we didn't progress another winger accordingly then this would be to our detriment regardless of whether he is being paid 5 pounds or 5 grand a week.

Too many 'ifs' - and if it's £5 a week I'm sure Mel's ok with that in which case you need not worry.

I don't think anyone did but then every imponderable is simple in hindsight. My point is that being right after the fact is a long walk from knowing at the time of signing and as such, what's the point in moaning about it now? We made a call and thus far it hasn't worked out at all. Could it still? Possibly, but my guess is it won't. What else is there to say or is having someone to blame a mandatory requirement? 

41 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You do know that on top of him being paid as he plays, ie nothing, he was also a free transfer? I didn't ignore your comment I just didn't feel the need to reiterate what I've already said on several occasions across several threads, including this one. If a free transfer on a pay as you play was all we could afford at the time, who else would you have suggested bringing in?

Too many 'ifs' - and if it's £5 a week I'm sure Mel's ok with that in which case you need not worry.

I don't think anyone did but then every imponderable is simple in hindsight. My point is that being right after the fact is a long walk from knowing at the time of signing and as such, what's the point in moaning about it now? We made a call and thus far it hasn't worked out at all. Could it still? Possibly, but my guess is it won't. What else is there to say or is having someone to blame a mandatory requirement? 

One last question.....are you and Wolfie the same person or is he actually indeed cyber stalking me. 

Everytime you post a retort to one of my items it's quickly followed by a positive emoji from the same person......

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

One last question.....are you and Wolfie the same person or is he actually indeed cyber stalking me. 

Everytime you post a retort to one of my items it's quickly followed by a positive emoji from the same person......

Wouldn't your queries be better addressed to him? No idea why you'e trying to involve me when you know full well he's another poster ?‍♂️

As for his validations, there's half a dozen on my original post so maybe like them, @Wolfie20 just agrees with the sentiment expressed rather than there being any element of cyber-stalking or some such other paranoia. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Agreed but again my original point is being overlooked and discarded - if we got Ibe in at the start of the season and didn't progress any other winger likewise as the expectation was that he would have contributed to the team that would be to our detriment and wouldn't matter if we were paying the guy 5 grand or 5p a week. 

Well you're gonna have to make better points then Tyler if you want them all acknowledging!. Ok so yes if he was signed with the expectation that he would be part of the first team and there was another winger who we could've had instead then yes we've lost out. God.

But who knows what the club's expectations were? He may well have just been a cheap punt with an element of helping him out.

As a fan of course I hoped a 2021 Ibe would be a fit and firing animal but I also hoped a 2021 Derby County wouldn't remind me of Gary Rowett's Stoke City. We are where we are.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

One last question.....are you and Wolfie the same person or is he actually indeed cyber stalking me

Eh?. So happening to agree with @86 Hair Islandsmeans I'm stalking you?. How do you work that one out?. You know the saying about great minds........

The only time I've interacted with you, as far as I can think was the other day about Rooney & Cocu. Get over yourself.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm assuming you mean me so humble apologies. I hadn't realised it was not the done thing to agree with other forum members when responding to rather pompous and frequently negative comments from other posters- I will try and do better in future.

Signing Ibe was always going to be a gamble, but clearly one the club thought worth taking.   I was certainly excited to see him sign. 

It's unlikely we'll see him in the first team this season I suspect, which will be a shame. Maybe last game of the season by which time we'll be safe!  That said, if he can maintain his recovery, physical, and of course mental, he could turn out to be an invaluable asset for us next season.  He still has the skills I'm sure, just maybe not quite the pace.  Lots of Ifs I know. 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'm assuming you mean me so humble apologies. I hadn't realised it was not the done thing to agree with other forum members when responding to rather pompous and frequently negative comments from other posters- I will try and do better in future.

It wasn't you actually no. 

On 14/03/2021 at 22:34, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure if that means we are in the presence of millionaires or Ibe is being paid nominal wages. Or both. 

yes lost myself in the beer there,i was trying to point out that not many people will be on ibes money,on the forum or the club

Archived