Jordon Ibe

Bubbles

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, desirelines said:

'It would be kinder to his mental health by making him unemployed' is a seriously weird take. 

No it's not. Sometimes it is necessary to take time away from employment if you are unable to actually do your job effectively due to your mental health. You can ultimately be trying to hold everything together, feeling the pressure of needing to perform by your employers that can lead to a 'snapping'. I have been in a similar situation, so I'm aware of the dynamics and balances of taking time away to focus on yourself and getting to the best possible position without the pressure of performance related work issues. 

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

No it's not. Sometimes it is necessary to take time away from employment if you are unable to actually do your job effectively due to your mental health. You can ultimately be trying to hold everything together, feeling the pressure of needing to perform by your employers that can lead to a 'snapping'. I have been in a similar situation, so I'm aware of the dynamics and balances of taking time away to focus on yourself and getting to the best possible position without the pressure of performance related work issues. 

I take it you mean 'compassionate leave', rather than have your employment terminated though? 

3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I get what you mean. Being a professional sportsman is an extreamly high pressure environment at the best of times, evern when things are going well it is a high pressure ocupation. I could easily imagine throwing him in at the moment might just break the guy, especially if it's as a hail mary "ok, you fix this team".

Effectivly, I theink we're being as kid gloves with him as we can be - i could imagine some managers would've chucked him then chucked him away. As a fan I'm not expecting anything from him this season and perhaps he'll play a part next, but as has been mentioned, he's not on big money and if he gets back it might still be worth it.

For him, he know better than us his situation.

33 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Just done some calculations.

If he is on £20,000 a week, then we've currently paid him around £170,000 per minute of championship football

I didn’t realise he had even managed 3 minutes tbh. 
had to look that up.

23 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

No reason why a random website would have the details of his contract and is likely wrong. To then use that to bash the club when the reality is likely VERY different is a bit wayward... 

I've heard numerous times it's almost entirely incentive-based so he probably hasn't cost much at all... Given those circumstances, we should all be getting behind him and hoping he can work his way into the first team. He showed with this goal the class is still there so i'm keeping my fingers crossed he can come good for us

Good goal but when he walks back at the end of the shot looks like he should be playing walking football.  Perhaps it was just the angle

I wonder if some of the people whingeing about us paying him a very small wage while he's unable to play due to his ongoing rehabilitation (for something which isn't his fault) are the same who think we should have continued paying Keogh his full wages while he was recovering from his knee surgery.

On 15/03/2021 at 16:12, MuespachRam said:

i love that people say this as a matter of fact....not one person on here has any idea what Jordan Ibe is or is not earning...and that IS a fact

Came from Ryan Conway. Said it in a Derby Digest because people were saying about him being a waste of money etc.

20 hours ago, Coconut said:

I wonder if some of the people whingeing about us paying him a very small wage while he's unable to play due to his ongoing rehabilitation (for something which isn't his fault) are the same who think we should have continued paying Keogh his full wages while he was recovering from his knee surgery.

You're not comparing apples with apples at all with that statement so is improper to even try to use that comparison.

Two totally different scenarios.

21 hours ago, Coconut said:

Not the same thing though is it? It’s not as if we signed Keogh whilst he was injured.

That’s not to say I think we should stop paying Ibe and give up on him. The club took a risk (without knowing the terms of his contract none of us know the actual size of the risk) and I really hopes it works out.

Archived