Jordon Ibe

Bubbles

Wonder if we have actually been paying the guy or he's been on some form of nominal wages. Signing a player when the club knew he wasn't ready to play would appear crass even for us. If we've been really cute we would have him on a pay as you play structured contract. Let's hope so. 

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I feel for Jordan Ibe the club financially is taking on water and it doesn't seem like we're really in a position to support someone who cannot for whatever reason do their job. Ultimately, the kindest thing for him may be to release him and allow him to not be under pressure of being on a contract but focus on himself, his health and getting back to his best as sometimes that is what is needed. The situation as it stands you would think cannot really go on beyond this season. 

34 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Wonder if we have actually been paying the guy or he's been on some form of nominal wages. Signing a player when the club knew he wasn't ready to play would appear crass even for us. If we've been really cute we would have him on a pay as you play structured contract. Let's hope so. 

There will be a number of people on this forum earning more than Ibe is at the minute. 

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

He’s on a very low wage - His contract is almost all incentive-based.

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

As much as I feel for Jordan Ibe the club financially is taking on water and it doesn't seem like we're really in a position to support someone who cannot for whatever reason do their job. Ultimately, the kindest thing for him may be to release him and allow him to not be under pressure of being on a contract but focus on himself, his health and getting back to his best as sometimes that is what is needed. The situation as it stands you would think cannot really go on beyond this season. 

I'm so pleased to see Jordan back and from a human point of view it is lovely to see him being positive, I hope he can continue his progression in life during difficult times  which is bigger than football.

From a football perspective though Jordan looks a million miles away from being what the club need and maybe it would be better to let him find another path if he still wants to continue in the game.

Looking at Jordan the few times I've seen him I'll be amazed if we as fans ever see him in a first team game for us again his pace used to be electrifying and looking at the recent videos and under 23 appearances he doesn't look like the same player.

This is so unfortunate but it happens and both parties have to be realistic about it and make the right decisions and do what is best for the future for all concerned 

11 hours ago, tinman said:

There will be a number of people on this forum earning more than Ibe is at the minute. 

Really,according to salarysport website he is on 10 grand a week not bad for being on the sick im sure all our bosses would pay us full money for doing zero work.

Im not blaming Ibe and he as to deal with his demons but its just another joke of a decision we took to even entertain such a contract

11 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Really,according to salarysport website he is on 10 grand a week not bad for being on the sick im sure all our bosses would pay us full money for doing zero work.

Im not blaming Ibe and he as to deal with his demons but its just another joke of a decision we took to even entertain such a contract

Not an accurate website. Mostly made up. 

8 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

No reason why a random website would have the details of his contract and is likely wrong. To then use that to bash the club when the reality is likely VERY different is a bit wayward... 

I've heard numerous times it's almost entirely incentive-based so he probably hasn't cost much at all... Given those circumstances, we should all be getting behind him and hoping he can work his way into the first team. He showed with this goal the class is still there so i'm keeping my fingers crossed he can come good for us

49 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

No reason why a random website would have the details of his contract and is likely wrong. To then use that to bash the club when the reality is likely VERY different is a bit wayward... 

I've heard numerous times it's almost entirely incentive-based so he probably hasn't cost much at all... Given those circumstances, we should all be getting behind him and hoping he can work his way into the first team. He showed with this goal the class is still there so i'm keeping my fingers crossed he can come good for us

No doubt the talent is there thats not in question,will we ever see it on the field in the first team is another

2 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

Try https://footballleaguefc.com/ he is on 20 grand a week on there,either way you look at the contract its a joke given the situation the clubs in and football in general

Every journalist I have seen has said Ibe is costing very little especially if he doesn’t play.

Either way I think it is very crass to use his salary as a stick to beat him / the club with while he is going through what he is going through. Would be very disappointed if the club didn’t stand by him and support him through it.

17 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

'It would be kinder to his mental health by making him unemployed' is a seriously weird take. 

Archived