Jordon Ibe

Bubbles

Jordon lad. If you read forums this is for you:

As someone who used to play and has mental health issues, I can honestly say that getting yourself match fit and back out on the pitch is the best medicine. Nothing beats the feeling of scoring a goal. Or being part of a winning team. Or having fans chanting your name. At any level of the game.

As a fan, we all know what you're capable of and we're all behind you. The vast majority of us were excited when you came back to us (you can't please everybody!) and can't wait to see you back to your old self. Keep working and it'll come ?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full support for Jordon. I have faith in him to come back from what he's going through, everyone just needs to accept that this isn't going to just end one day. 

It's hard to make like for like comparisons when it comes to mental health, but look at Tyson Fury as an example of what is possible. He is only where he is because he acknowledges it is still there and works at it every day. 

To even get to the level Jordon has in football, he will have the mental fortitude of an athlete - that gives him an advantage over most people in this position. 

I have suffered with anxiety and depression throughout my life. I would describe it as quite low level with the potential to spike. Accepting that it is something that will always be there and learning to lean into those feelings, rather than 'fight' them, has helped an awful lot.

It's not about 'beating it'. That implies that it is a fair fight. It isn't. It also implies that it's possible to achieve a final victory. It isn't. It's all about incremental improvements and consistent work.

Good luck, Jordon. We're rooting for you.

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Jordon lad. If you read forums this is for you:

As someone who used to play and has mental health issues, I can honestly say that getting yourself match fit and back out on the pitch is the best medicine. Nothing beats the feeling of scoring a goal. Or being part of a winning team. Or having fans chanting your name. At any level of the game.

As a fan, we all know what you're capable of and we're all behind you. The vast majority of us were excited when you came back to us (you can't please everybody!) and can't wait to see you back to your old self. Keep working and it'll come ?

A notable sentiment, but its based on the understanding that he's desperate to play football. From what I've heard inside the camp, that might not be the case, in which case the thought of getting back onto the pitch might be more stressful. Especially with the pressure he will feel he's under given his lack of involvement so far and the team's position in the league and desperation for results.

Not calling it one way or the other. Just a different perspective.  

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

A notable sentiment, but its based on the understanding that he's desperate to play football. From what I've heard inside the camp, that might not be the case, in which case the thought of getting back onto the pitch might be more stressful. Especially with the pressure he will feel he's under given his lack of involvement so far and the team's position in the league and desperation for results.

Not calling it one way or the other. Just a different perspective.  

Good point @VulcanRam, I have heard of players 'falling out of love with the game' so to speak (Marvin Sordell at Burton springs to mind)... so if that is the case then I can see why it might cause added pressure/stress. As you say, it depends on the individual ?

We’ve given him a chance to rebuild his career but he needs to do the hard graft himself to get fit. 
if he’s got his act together by the end of the season fine.

if not, I’d be tempted to let him go.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CK6x9L9AzZg/?igshid=1in4t8uurkf9w

Looks like he’s doing some 1-to-1 work with Shane Nicholson. I think I said when we first signed him that Nicholson would be the perfect person to work with him. Faced his own demons and done similar work with other players who have been in Ibe’s position.

When you see stuff like this going on with our players I really worry with us being linked to owners who probably won't give a damn.

Stay with us Mel. 

17 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Looks like he’s doing some 1-to-1 work with Shane Nicholson. I think I said when we first signed him that Nicholson would be the perfect person to work with him. Faced his own demons and done similar work with other players who have been in Ibe’s position.

Good to see Shinner's not lost his ability ?.

Only joking Shane. Keep up the good work. Like you @DarkFruitsRam7 I think that he will be an excellent mentor for Jordon, having been through hard times. For those who don't know his story watch the Ramstv meets episodes, they're an excellent watch. I liked Shane as a player, and he went up in my esteem as a person having watched.

19 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

After having a few nights out with mates of which one was Shane in his younger days i can confirm he had his demons and if anyone can help Jordon then Shanes the man

5 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

After having a few nights out with mates of which one was Shane in his younger days i can confirm he had his demons and if anyone can help Jordon then Shanes the man

Yes indeed

I wish I could add to that one with a story involving a bet . I think it might be removed though. ?

19 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

26s. No pressure on the ball and passes it yards infront of Ibe.

Get him in the first team.

• 3 weeks later...

Steady progress is an interesting phrase. Is it taking longer than they hoped or does he remain so fragile that rushing things might cause a setback? 

One would hope that reaching physical fitness wouldn't take too long. 

But actually getting to match ready status will involve a lot of work. I would love to see him play but I am prepared to wait. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Steady progress is an interesting phrase. Is it taking longer than they hoped or does he remain so fragile that rushing things might cause a setback? 

But actually getting to match ready status will involve a lot of work. I would love to see him play but I am prepared to wait. 

I'm just glad to see him smiling to be honest.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I'd imagine it's not about physical fitness but instead getting the reactions back and sharpening the football mind again. 

Bring him back too quick and he doesn't perform well then social media will have his guts quicker than anything. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/02/2021 at 16:11, RamNut said:

We’ve given him a chance to rebuild his career but he needs to do the hard graft himself to get fit. 
if he’s got his act together by the end of the season fine.

if not, I’d be tempted to let him go.

Yes, that's about right. It can't realistically go on beyond the end of the season. Not sure what the backdrop was to his departure from Bournemouth, but they obviously realised they weren't going to get any further playing contribution from a player who they'd paid a relatively big fee for.  DCFC probably thought it was worth a punt, but like a lot of things at this club in recent years, it's just not worked out. 

Archived