Jordon Ibe

Bubbles

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really feel for this young man. None of us know much of his history. We see glitter glam, hopes expectations and a raft of things that this industry and entertainment throws at us, and the performers. Some lap it up and ride the roller coaster with a laugh and a beer. Others throw up as it inverts. Despite the fame and money it must be hard to balance it all with a young mind 

Best wishes Jordan. As human I wish you all the luck, help and comfort you can get. As a footy fan .. you lit PP up when you came as a kid. I have never seen a player with a nitrous oxide change of pace like yours .. and I include Ronaldo in that. I reckon every Derby fan would love to see you burning some turf .. but get your head right with the help of wise people first, the game and us can wait. 

Fair play to him for coming out with that message, it can’t be easy to talk about that sort of stuff. Hopefully we have someone to support him through his problems. Getting back out on the football pitch may well help with his mental health, so here’s hoping we can get to see that some point soon!

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Fair play to him for coming out with that message, it can’t be easy to talk about that sort of stuff. Hopefully we have someone to support him through his problems. Getting back out on the football pitch may well help with his mental health, so here’s hoping we can get to see that some point soon!

It is so hard to get our heads round this .. at face value he is a young guy with a talent that is recognised and respected by his peers. Perhaps he could never be a balon d’or player - everyone isn’t the summit of what they do, but it looks at first glance like a great gig doesn’t it.
But what pressures are on him from friends, family, peers, agents and advisors ? Then, without knowing his background, what tools does he have to cope with that. .. How do you know you are getting help and sound advice when so many voices are just looking at your million pound salary. Then, what is his character and mindset ? A thinker, a worrier, a lose cannon, a people pleaser .. Every human being reacts differently.. there can be a great piece of advice or treatment that works for most, but destroys others. 

I don’t know about anyone else but unless at every point in your life you have an anchor in someone you trust or respect then you can feel lost and  submerged by certain trials that life throws at you. 

Huge huge amount of honesty. Takes massive courage. Well done Jordon, we're all behind you.

Depression is one of those things I have always found will sit and wait to catch you slipping. I've struggled in my own life and it always comes when you least expect it, and before you even realise it has dragged you somewhere deep and dark. It's something you always have to keep in check if you suffer with it, and probably keep it in check for the rest of your life. Sometimes I forget to look after my mental health and over weeks and months, I steadily sink lower and lower. Its not until things are really bad that you notice the way you have been, and how little positivity or joy you've been able to take in. And you just feel starved of it.

My message to Jordon, or anyone else who might need to hear this, is this. Understanding where you are and having the will to fight your way back is more than half the battle. It might just be the whole battle sometimes. And there are so many others who understand what you feel, and have been where you are, so don't ever feel beyond the point of no return. There's always a path back.

Take care of yourselves, all of you

41 minutes ago, jono said:

It is so hard to get our heads round this .. at face value he is a young guy with a talent that is recognised and respected by his peers. Perhaps he could never be a balon d’or player - everyone isn’t the summit of what they do, but it looks at first glance like a great gig doesn’t it.
But what pressures are on him from friends, family, peers, agents and advisors ? Then, without knowing his background, what tools does he have to cope with that. .. How do you know you are getting help and sound advice when so many voices are just looking at your million pound salary. Then, what is his character and mindset ? A thinker, a worrier, a lose cannon, a people pleaser .. Every human being reacts differently.. there can be a great piece of advice or treatment that works for most, but destroys others. 

I don’t know about anyone else but unless at every point in your life you have an anchor in someone you trust or respect then you can feel lost and  submerged by certain trials that life throws at you. 

I can’t even imagine what’s been going through his head recently. It must be awful. Can only hope he’s getting the support he needs, and we see a much happier Jordon Ibe out on the football pitch in the coming weeks/months.

Archived