Hartley leaves Villa to become Head Physio at Derby

David

JOHN HARTLEY has left Aston Villa after almost nine years to become Head Physio at Derby County.

He replaces Robin Sadler, who had been with the Rams since December 2016 and has now joined another club. The move means the heads of both performance and medical have left Derby this month.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/hartley-appointed-head-physio-by-Derby?fbclid=IwAR0reQzD2LhCWh0jIw8crou4gcHaiJxNw_hiBsyxjTD01ZTWRToOxj0FKo4#.X-uNarNJCKK.twitter

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, David said:

JOHN HARTLEY has left Aston Villa after almost nine years to become Head Physio at Derby County.

He replaces Robin Sadler, who had been with the Rams since December 2016 and has now joined another club. The move means the heads of both performance and medical have left Derby this month.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/hartley-appointed-head-physio-by-Derby?fbclid=IwAR0reQzD2LhCWh0jIw8crou4gcHaiJxNw_hiBsyxjTD01ZTWRToOxj0FKo4#.X-uNarNJCKK.twitter

Some shoddy journalism here though. Claims that Steve Nicholson is the first team fitness coach. I guess they mean Shane, but really, it's the sort of basic error that makes you doubt the source.

31 minutes ago, David said:

Well, fitness has clearly been an issue, although it reads more like turnover than anyone beeing booted.

Interesting, there definitely seems to have been a deliberate overhaul of the fitness / medical staff over the last couple of months. No surprise really, given how poor our fitness levels have been for the last year or so, and given how many injuries we’ve picked up - some of which may have been avoidable, who knows. Good luck to the previous bloke wherever he’s ended up. This new guy seems to have a fair amount of experience at a decent club, so hopefully he should know what he’s doing!

33 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I don’t know if this has been raised already.....

With regards to the new Physio under who’s ownership has he been employed. Moving from gainful employment to DCFC suggest our takeover has been completed don’t you think??‍♂️??

No, its the legal entity that employs, not the owners of that entity

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

No, its the legal entity that employs, not the owners of that entity

I understand that, however would the new physio move to DCFC if he hadn’t been given confirmation of the deal. I wouldn’t move to another firm if there was any questions over the ownership and the ability to match my ambitions. 
Clutching at straws a little I guess with regards to the takeover. 

Archived