Mike Te Wierik - Signed for Groningen

16 minutes ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

Part of being inconsistent is having a good game. You and your smug mates ghost of clough and chevron love picking up your likes by rapid responses but don’t bother to read properly what has been said, my original comments were based on the slow play format but you chose to ignore that. Enjoyed your response though, not bad for a Man U supporter.

mods please delete my membership I’m done.

No mate, you said he was a rabbit in the headlights .. no context bare statement. You Can’t defend it rationally so you moan poor me and all you bullies picking on me. .. If you advance a position then  Have the knowledge conviction and gumption to justify it 

9 minutes ago, jono said:

No mate, you said he was a rabbit in the headlights .. no context bare statement. You Can’t defend it rationally so you moan poor me and all you bullies picking on me. .. If you advance a position then  Have the knowledge conviction and gumption to justify it 

Stop picking on 12 year olds you big bully! 😉 😄 

Just because Clarkey looks like he's a 30 year old experienced CH doesn't mean he is. He will be inconsistent at times, he's gaining experience. He's going to a very good player, nearly back to his POTS best.

1 hour ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

Part of being inconsistent is having a good game. You and your smug mates ghost of clough and chevron love picking up your likes by rapid responses but don’t bother to read properly what has been said, my original comments were based on the slow play format but you chose to ignore that. Enjoyed your response though, not bad for a Man U supporter.

Hey ! Here’s a more serious response .. take it as you wish .. but try and read it all

Stick around .. we all exchange views and sometimes even “mates” disagree .. I did read all your comments but my take from your original post was A) Clarke was a rabbit in the headlights player and B) you wouldn’t want to renew his contract

i’d answer simply that he is very composed .. the very opposite of R In HL .. especially considering his youth 

you also referred to your desire for a physical CB .. Clarke is definitely a strong tough lad .. I have seen no evidence of him shirking a tackle .. have you ?

Consistency ? .. he was POTY last season .. you don’t get that from occasional flash in the pan performances. Given our poor form this season I’d suggest he was one of the most consistent performers in this side.

Me and Man U ? Yes .. true .. and Brian Clough managed Nottingham Forest ... it’s called life, which is a journey. There are stops along the way for all of us. Lindsey Turner was the school goddess when I was 17. I married someone else who doesn’t have Lindsey’s boobs but has been my best friend and love through thick and thin. 

10 hours ago, jono said:

Hey ! Here’s a more serious response .. take it as you wish .. but try and read it all

Stick around .. we all exchange views and sometimes even “mates” disagree .. I did read all your comments but my take from your original post was A) Clarke was a rabbit in the headlights player and B) you wouldn’t want to renew his contract

i’d answer simply that he is very composed .. the very opposite of R In HL .. especially considering his youth 

you also referred to your desire for a physical CB .. Clarke is definitely a strong tough lad .. I have seen no evidence of him shirking a tackle .. have you ?

Consistency ? .. he was POTY last season .. you don’t get that from occasional flash in the pan performances. Given our poor form this season I’d suggest he was one of the most consistent performers in this side.

Me and Man U ? Yes .. true .. and Brian Clough managed Nottingham Forest ... it’s called life, which is a journey. There are stops along the way for all of us. Lindsey Turner was the school goddess when I was 17. I married someone else who doesn’t have Lindsey’s boobs but has been my best friend and love through thick and thin. 

First of all thank you for taking the time to send me a pm, it has been a very difficult week and in hindsight not the time to be engaging in forum matters this way. Before I sail off into the sunset please accept my apologies for any rudeness or offence given.

Kind Regards

12 hours ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

There's no need to throw your toys out of your pram when someone disagrees with you. This is a forum and people disagree all the time - Forsyth vs Buchanan at LB, 433 vs 442 vs 343, Lawrence is good vs Lawrence is useless, etc...

All I did was challenge your 'Clarke is a rabbit in headlights' comment. To me that means he gets startled on the ball and doesn't know what to do with it, often resorting to a hopeful clearance down field. From your later comments, I gathered what you actually meant was that he resorts to the safe sideways pass too often. However, I see the issue as him not having options to pass to due to a lack of movement in front of him.

1 hour ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

First of all thank you for taking the time to send me a pm, it has been a very difficult week and in hindsight not the time to be engaging in forum matters this way. Before I sail off into the sunset please accept my apologies for any rudeness or offence given.

Kind Regards

Judging by your user name and avatar, I guess you have been watching the Rams for a long,long time- since the late 50s. If so , please stick around. I have been watching the Rams since 1958 or 1959 ( I can’t remember exactly) and this forum needs more olds like us who have seen it all at DCFC  over 60+ years. Stick around anyway, even if you didn’t see Reg Matthews play. There are a minority of aggressive posters on here but that’s social media for you.

On 22/01/2021 at 10:53, Arsene Titman said:

Judging by your user name and avatar, I guess you have been watching the Rams for a long,long time- since the late 50s. If so , please stick around. I have been watching the Rams since 1958 or 1959 ( I can’t remember exactly) and this forum needs more olds like us who have seen it all at DCFC  over 60+ years. Stick around anyway, even if you didn’t see Reg Matthews play. There are a minority of aggressive posters on here but that’s social media for you.

No there ducking aren't.

On 21/01/2021 at 22:23, jono said:

Have you got Lindsey Turner's Mobile No. Just asking for a friend

On 22/01/2021 at 10:53, Arsene Titman said:

I remember going to the BBG and watching the Rams when Reg Mathews was in goal. I think Tim Ward was the manager back then. I suppose I can be classed in the oldie section.

On 22/01/2021 at 08:45, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

Kind Regards

Come on RMC, hang about mate. You're gonna miss the good bits if you leave now! 

On 21/01/2021 at 20:29, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

Stupid statement, at the nd of the season there s a window to sign replacements.

And you'd rather sign a complete roster of new CBs (probably minimum 3?) rather than keep either Wisdom or Clarke? 

One of my mates keeps pointing out that they've formed a defensive partnership under Rooney which has helped in having a record of conceding only 3 goals in 10 games

On 21/01/2021 at 20:36, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

Part of being inconsistent is having a good game. You and your smug mates ghost of clough and chevron love picking up your likes by rapid responses but don’t bother to read properly what has been said

I thought I had very politely asked for a little more explanation - I didn't realise this was somehow a vicious attack on you - You have expressed and opinion which people have simply questioned and in that case it's usually better to add examples and detail to your opinion - I feel like that's all people are asking you for

You have an opinion on Clarke and Wisdom - Other people disagree - Now we're simply asking you to add some more depth to your POV - That's what these forums are for

4 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

I said in August on Facebook he looked a bit lightweight and had the legs of a sparrow and needed to beef up a bit and got slagged off by some guy who said he'd be good. 

I will look out for their results from now on though. Good luck to the kid. 

You make him sound like Sid Little.

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously he was doomed once Cocu left. What I don't understand is why Cocu didn't play him more. I get that he had a terrible start, but he's your guy. You made the decision to bring him in, it's your job to see if you can make the transfer work. Ditching him after a couple of games reflects really poorly on your scouting and decision making as a coach.

2 hours ago, Anon said:

Obviously he was doomed once Cocu left. What I don't understand is why Cocu didn't play him more. I get that he had a terrible start, but he's your guy. You made the decision to bring him in, it's your job to see if you can make the transfer work. Ditching him after a couple of games reflects really poorly on your scouting and decision making as a coach.

Perhaps because like Cocu he couldn't adapt to the Championship and/or he wasn't that good.