Mike Te Wierik - Signed for Groningen

Bubbles

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor dude coming over and moving to play under Cocu only to have to go back within months. If we were more stable as a club and in table position I think we probably would have played him more, as of right now it's too much risk to get him up to speed.

23 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Another name to go in the absolutely pointless signing category.

Bloke was 3 stone wet through and looked absolutely terrified of the big ugly lumps that play as championship centre forwards 

Another Raul Albentosa, Efe Ambrose 

Dave Walton?

1 hour ago, Shang said:

Poor dude coming over and moving to play under Cocu only to have to go back within months. If we were more stable as a club and in table position I think we probably would have played him more, as of right now it's too much risk to get him up to speed.

Didnt see anything in his brief appearances that it was about getting up to speed. 

Just dont think the Championship suited his game.

Not sure what his qualities were before he signed for us but Im guessing it wasnt coming up against big bruisers.

Disappointing.

poor early form destroyed him. There simply had to be more on offer than what he showed.

but in a shitstorm no problem with letting him go.

2 hours ago, Shang said:

I’m sure the signing on fee and the equivalent to the average annual salary every fortnight somehow softens the blow. He isn’t the first to move for six months and won’t be last. 

Sounds like he has done a new interview today saying he trained with the 1st team this morming, needs to get a negative covid test so he can fly to Netherlands for his medical and sign the contract.

Wonder how much we will get for him? They wouldnt let him join us last Jan so maybe we will hardball with them abit and push for abit more

Archived