Mike Te Wierik - Signed for Groningen

Bubbles

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As expected, given the reports a week or so back. It’s a shame really, it just hasn’t worked out for him over here for whatever reason. I still maintain that there is a real quality player in there, which we just haven’t unlocked, which is disappointing, considering we all expected him to finally be a consistent partner for Clarke when he was brought in. Wasn’t to be, but I’m sure he’ll go on to have a good career back in Holland.

With him gone and Davies out injured long term, CB is once again a priority position in January. We need to do a much better job of finding a partner for Clarke than we did in the summer.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

As expected, given the reports a week or so back. It’s a shame really, it just hasn’t worked out for him over here for whatever reason. I still maintain that there is a real quality player in there, which we just haven’t unlocked, which is disappointing, considering we all expected him to finally be a consistent partner for Clarke when he was brought in. Wasn’t to be, but I’m sure he’ll go on to have a good career back in Holland.

With him gone and Davies out injured long term, CB is once again a priority position in January. We need to do a much better job of finding a partner for Clarke than we did in the summer.

I think he deserved more chances than he’s had. he was shaky at first however against Bournemouth he looked very solid.

Do feel sorry for him...

We need to look for a long term solution, someone who’s up and coming. 

6 hours ago, Bubbles said:

I think he deserved more chances than he’s had. he was shaky at first however against Bournemouth he looked very solid.

Do feel sorry for him...

We need to look for a long term solution, someone who’s up and coming. 

Agreed. We could really do with a permanent signing, given Davies is out of contract, and Clarke is only on loan.

In the last game he played for us I thought he looked fine, but we never saw him again after that. Think he could have made it in England, but we've not even bothered including him in the squad, so back to the Netherlands he goes. Another cracking transfer for us, but at least we won't sell him for less than we bought him for this time.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

In the last game he played for us I thought he looked fine, but we never saw him again after that. Think he could have made it in England, but we've not even bothered including him in the squad, so back to the Netherlands he goes. Another cracking transfer for us, but at least we won't sell him for less than we bought him for this time.

If you’re referring to Albentosa, we actually made a profit on him when sold to Deportivo. (Bought for £450k, and sold for £1m plus add-ons, reportedly)

If you weren’t, apologies.

9 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

If you’re referring to Albentosa, we actually made a profit on him when sold to Deportivo. (Bought for £450k, and sold for £1m plus add-ons, reportedly)

If you weren’t, apologies.

Nope - not Albentosa. I was taking a dig in general at our recruitment team who usually buy players at peak value before we let them go for virtually nothing.

I would take another look at him.
He was error prone but I’m still having nightmares after watching josh Earl just walk past wisdom and get right into the box. 

Like others have said, clearly a good player in there but needed work to get to grips with the English championship. 

Unfortunately, with all the Dutch speaking coaches suddenly gone and a desperation for results, I don't think he'd make that progress hwre

Because he was a free though, depending what wages we have him, we could still end up turning a profit on the deal 

10 hours ago, Rampage said:

Cocu could have stuck by him.

Agreed. However it’s the random game at Bournemouth. If he had played badly that day as well then I could possibly get it but he was very good on that day and then suddenly he’s gone again.

Just can’t help feeling we are going to let a good player go.

15 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

Like others have said, clearly a good player in there but needed work to get to grips with the English championship. 

Unfortunately, with all the Dutch speaking coaches suddenly gone and a desperation for results, I don't think he'd make that progress hwre

Because he was a free though, depending what wages we have him, we could still end up turning a profit on the deal 

He can speak perfect English. What relevance have Dutch speaking coaches got? 
p.s. they all spoke English too?

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Agreed. However it’s the random game at Bournemouth. If he had played badly that day as well then I could possibly get it but he was very good on that day and then suddenly he’s gone again.

Just can’t help feeling we are going to let a good player go.

If there is one.playe that Cocu really knew about, it is te Wierk. So he must think that he is good enough.

Archived