Let's keep Marriott

B4ev6is

On 25/12/2020 at 18:47, Rampage said:

If anyone can get Marriott up to speed it is - Wayne Rooney.

Who else has he got up to speed then??

It was Rooney who sent him out in the first place.

The only coach who has got anything out of him was lampard but even then the relationship wasn't great.

Unless jack has done sort of personality transplant i think it's best for us all that he has a fresh start elsewhere sadly.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'll speculate that we might find out. 

Where we under embargo when we extended Marriott's contract or doesn't that matter?

I did wonder that myself. But the timing makes sense. The statement says December, which ties in with when we failed to pay the wages and entered an embargo. Strange that it wasn't automatically approved when agreed in September/October? And also strange that it couldn't go through when we exited the embargo at the end of January

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

I did wonder that myself. But the timing makes sense. The statement says December, which ties in with when we failed to pay the wages and entered an embargo. Strange that it wasn't automatically approved when agreed in September/October? And also strange that it couldn't go through when we exited the embargo at the end of January

TBH I thought the extra year strange anyway as he'd done nothing to look like he'd discover any form.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

TBH I thought the extra year strange anyway as he'd done nothing to look like he'd discover any form.

Smells of trying to avoid a write off in the ffp calcs. 

Extra year, loan out to mitigate wage cost, spread your ffp write down. If we've been uber creative with our depreciation method might have been trying to defer more until later. 

4 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Smells of trying to avoid a write off in the ffp calcs. 

Extra year, loan out to mitigate wage cost, spread your ffp write down. If we've been uber creative with our depreciation method might have been trying to defer more until later. 

Well personal efl have it in for us big time if not signed contract probley like player before it fell through so not been allowed to sign it in the first place.

20 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Well we don't know and never will so we just have to speculate.

It could be that Jack didn't sign the contract properly or the EFL's procedures weren't followed or the contract didn't arrive on time; it might be some obscure element of the embargo rules that we were (or weren't) aware of; perhaps Jack is claiming that he entered into it unwillingly; maybe the club are claiming his representatives pulled a fast one on us; perhaps the EFL have it in for us and want to make life even harder for us.  Who knows?  They do and we don't.

I think you're over-analysing.

He just wasn't in the mood...

ZkEKSYp.gif

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think you're over-analysing.

He just wasn't in the mood...

ZkEKSYp.gif

This is the situation as I see it, the rules under Embargo are that you can continue to pay the existing contracts of players but any new contracts re subject to a £12,500/week limit, therefore if Marriott is on more than £12,500/week the contract would not be approved by the EFL, this is probably why his agent is involved. A very simple explanation.

On 14/06/2021 at 13:58, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Who else has he got up to speed then??

It was Rooney who sent him out in the first place.

The only coach who has got anything out of him was lampard but even then the relationship wasn't great.

Unless jack has done sort of personality transplant i think it's best for us all that he has a fresh start elsewhere sadly.

Actually no it wasn't it was cocu that sent Marriott out on loan after he got rid of chris martin.

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Come on B4, cheer up. You can’t keep blaming the EFL or the Government for all the issues we have at our club. You are beginning to sound like a Leeds fan.

Well efl and goverment are just as much to blame for current sad state of affairs. They can not dock us points umm let's see how else we can punish Derby.

2 hours ago, bimmerman said:

As anti Tory as I am and blame them for most things,I don't think they're to blame for Derby being crap,that's all on Mel Morris I'm afraid

No I blame them for loss of income that club has suffered by stopping us seeing lads play.