Turn back time

sage

18 hours ago, sage said:

At what age were you happiest and why?

Whilst I would give my big toe to be 18 again, I am very content and happy tonight. I have a lovely wife, two grown up kids fully independent and happy, my parents still hanging in there, and lots of friends (perhaps the real and online ratio is a bit out of kilter ?). Yeah there is a lot of poo going on but overall I am very lucky. My football team too remains one great, long love affair. No complaints here, and I hope so many others on here can relate to this. Merry Christmas to everyone, and Sage I hope you and Trotsky have a great day tomorrow. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up until COVID, I’d say the last 8 or 9 years 38-46 years old. Found the second Mrs Wolfie, had a wonderful daughter I thought I’d never have, parents still fit & active, no money worries, still doing new things & finding things out about myself.

Work the only fly in the ointment but things should improve next year with that.

I don’t miss anything really from my teens & twenties - except for my hair. 30s was spoilt by poor health (cured), followed by marriage failure.

I think I, like most, was at my happiest in early childhood... the 6-10 sort of age. 

12-16 was pretty shitty (someone made up a rumour about be and it stuck for some reason ?‍♂️), got kicked out of 6th form at 18 for playing football during an free period (rescinded a couple hours later ?), 19-22 wasn't too much fun either (due to a bad choice of university and way too much drinking).

However, without any of that I doubt I'd be here today with a beautiful wife, decent sized house, well paid job and 2 babies on the way. I wouldn't take any if that back, but being aged 6-10 for perpetuity doesn't sound like a bad idea sometimes.

From a Derby point of view I’d go back to 97/98... I’d just started as a season ticket holder and we had such a great team. I remember some great moments from that season. We have the team and I had the optimism of youth!

from a personal point of view I wouldn’t turn back time, love the kids and the wife will do... wouldn’t do without them.

Very fortunate childhood with loving,supportive parents,great grandparents and though not wealthy can't think of missing out on anything.Primary school all thought not academic was great,  looking back although at the time you don't realise how happy you are or how fortunate. In those days playing football and bouncing about on a space hopper was what it was all about.

Early teens, academic failure, and disappointment in not getting picked up by a professional football club left myself a bit of a recluse and insecure.

Wandered through life with no ambition or focus until the age of 30 and never looked back . Now Content ,financially okay travelled the world extensively ,happily married ,no insecurities 5 kids ,11 grandkids and take life in the chin good and bad knowing theirs always some one out their led fortunate.

2 periods for me, 1975 carefree 14 year old we moved from Qld to Tassie onto 60 acres. Spent any free time with motorbikes, horses and guns.

2011-2015 all the kids gone we spent 5 years traveling, living and working in different places from the Gold Coast to London. We just loved having a Winter Christmas. Being able to jump on a plane after work and head to Bordeaux or Prague for a long weekend, just magic.

Archived