Turn back time

sage

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was six years old. The world was perfect. I still had my parents and grandparents in my life. Every day was just about playing, sports, eating, and spending time with our dog. Never knew there was going to be problems in my or my loved ones life.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

1996- i was 22/23. All the studies completed, great music, euro 96, Derby promoted, weekends with my mates at house music clubs jaunting round the country and met a fair few new mates - the durable ones you stay in touch with - which is rarer than you think if you actually think about it.  job working with a bunch of great lads, then onto Ibiza working in clubs for the summer, first office job when I came back and the people were lovely and I was early twenties playing football regularly and was very fit.  I also had all my hair still and could still see without windows on my face. I think that was a year when the country had a very upbeat buzz in general which had built over the previous part of the decade and which deteriorated as the 90's came to a close. Everything was good that year. 97 was a good one but not quite as much. 

This is a great thread for us to 'cher' our memories.

For me i was 17/18.

I had lost my childhood weight having been bullied at school for years for being overweight, i now had more confidence. I had passed my driving test and got my own car, was working, had my first girlfriend.

Probably early teens before my mum became ill so 1971 72. So many possibilities in life. Such good music, youth club, school friends, cousins, geography, history, Latin, mathematics, lads were of interest but not serious, Alfreton Town, harvest festivals, drama group, netball, T Rex and Jackson Five, Roger Daltry. 

Apart from us being poor I felt loved and secure. I thought I could be anything I wanted to be. I was happy. 

Probably when I was about 26-27. I had left my very poorly paid research post and had moved into IT (then known as DP - Data Processing) and had just started a family. On the other hand, Derby had just been relegated, so it wasn't all sweetness and light.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Probably early teens before my mum became ill so 1971 72. So many possibilities in life. Such good music, youth club, school friends, cousins, geography, history, Latin, mathematics, lads were of interest but not serious, Alfreton Town, harvest festivals, drama group, netball, T Rex and Jackson Five, Roger Daltry. 

Apart from us being poor I felt loved and secure. I thought I could be anything I wanted to be. I was happy. 

You brought a tear to my eye there Angie. That last paragraph hopefully sums up most of our childhoods. 

Archived