DAB Radio reception

JG400

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In some areas around here i have always found it to be patchy in the car, one car more than the other.

From lower kilburn to roughly toyota island on the A38 its very poor, then it comes back in.

It use to be ok before , a little research on my part and I have found some forum entries that suggest it is a known problem with the car in question and occurs just after warranty has ended ?

A new aerial base is the solution at £130 plus fitting

3 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Silly question: But have you checked you have "auto channel switching" in your DAB settings? I travel from Near Toyota to Chesterfield regularly and have no noticeable loss of signal. Used to be terrible in Ashbourne but also good now.

Its a valid question , I will check even if I have the capability to set that

It's a pet hate of mine that whenever I travel in Mrs Wolfie's car, she always has FM radio on & I immediately change it to DAB. Same with the TV - I'm always grabbing the remote when I enter the room and switching whatever she's watching to the HD channel. She claims not to notice how crap SD looks on a 55" TV.

Both our cars' DAB (Toyota and BMW) seem to be pretty good at switching channels when the signal drops.

21 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

It's a pet hate of mine that whenever I travel in Mrs Wolfie's car, she always has FM radio on & I immediately change it to DAB. Same with the TV - I'm always grabbing the remote when I enter the room and switching whatever she's watching to the HD channel. She claims not to notice how crap SD looks on a 55" TV.

Both our cars' DAB (Toyota and BMW) seem to be pretty good at switching channels when the signal drops.

I'd get a divorce if my missus watched SD out of choice.

Archived