Watford basket case tales: chapter 18

Mostyn6

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

Did think I left out on some off the field stuff that happened, can't quite remember exactly what happened and if it was facts or rumours. 

Not sure if you’ve been posting here long enough to remember breakfast gate, but a few days after the sacking, about 10 of us from this forum were at Moor Farm for breakfast. Mel and Sam, and a text message from Baird justified the decision. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not sure if you’ve been posting here long enough to remember breakfast gate, but a few days after the sacking, about 10 of us from this forum were at Moor Farm for breakfast. Mel and Sam, and a text message from Baird justified the decision. 

I have been reading on off since the forum was made and the DET days on my mums old computer, joined after that incident though and can't remember it. 

14 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

The fact that Baird was able to text Mel symbolises part of the problem, I feel.

I'm just reading the Pride book, and the Clement-Pearson period was presented as the manager/head coach being caught between the close relationship between Mel and the players. The moment the players feel like they can start moaning to the owner is the moment you should realise the relationships aren't ideal.

14 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Mel stopped inviting groups of Forum posters after that visit. Can't imagine why.  

47 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The fact that Baird was able to text Mel symbolises part of the problem, I feel.

I'm just reading the Pride book, and the Clement-Pearson period was presented as the manager/head coach being caught between the close relationship between Mel and the players. The moment the players feel like they can start moaning to the owner is the moment you should realise the relationships aren't ideal.

I do mostly agree but if you have concerns about your manager in a standard work place then highlighting these to their manager is fair enough? 

I know football isn’t really like any other industry but letting the manager manage is a bit of a myth. If they’re crap then this needs highlighting to somebody who can do something about it. If Mel was left to find out for himself he’d be accused of spying. Feel like it’s forgotten that the change in manager arrested the slide that season and we should arguably have gone up.

Everything Clement has done since has also shown he is not up to being a manager, in my opinion. 

Apologies, very off topic post

On 27/12/2020 at 14:37, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I could text my manager's manager if I wanted. Is that much different? 

Archived