Watford basket case tales: chapter 18

Mostyn6

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

To be fair, I can only imagine how tough it must be to only be 5th in the league with 30 plus points. So glad we’re not that crap 

Didn’t we sack a manager when we were fifth?

I assume they already have a manager lined up and player power involved in this one.

Incidentally I looked at the Watford website to have a cry over Will Hughes, and noticed John Barnes isn't listed in the Former Hornets section.. Just don't appreciate quality down there.

31 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

I assume they already have a manager lined up and player power involved in this one.

Incidentally I looked at the Watford website to have a cry over Will Hughes, and noticed John Barnes isn't listed in the Former Hornets section.. Just don't appreciate quality down there.

Reports suggest he'd fallen out with Deeney due to 'discipline' issues. Assuming Deeney is the main voice of the players then the owners appear to have taken the easiest way out - sack the manager.

We've been too hasty in the last few years re manager changes but Watford are a bat crazy club.

On 19/12/2020 at 23:06, Millenniumram said:

To be fair, I can only imagine how tough it must be to only be 5th in the league with 30 plus points. So glad we’re not that crap 

We sacked Clement in 5th place so we aren't in a position to laugh about questionable sackings. The football was piss poor tbf, and we were on a real downward spiral. 

14 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

We sacked Clement in 5th place so we aren't in a position to laugh about questionable sackings. The football was piss poor tbf, and we were on a real downward spiral. 

He was sacked due to a player revolt and training concerns, not just drifting league position. 

Archived