Watching a documentary

Cisse

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Cisse said:

Why do people like butterflies so much? They are after all only airborne worms.

You do realize that Butterflies ca be controlled by your soul  in the afterlife, and are quite

often used to communicate with the living!

You  F***** fan  ?

5 hours ago, DesertRam said:

You do realize that Butterflies ca be controlled by your soul  in the afterlife, and are quite

often used to communicate with the living!

You  F***** fan  ?

Oh, they never delivered any messages for me. I hope it's not like in the movie Bruce Willis learns he is already dead. This season at least has been a nightmare.

15 hours ago, Cisse said:

Oh come on @Cisse butterflies are amazing things, so many beautiful colours & patterns in the butterfly world, their simply stunning creatures. 

If this isn’t enough their also intrinsically linked in mythology to the human soul, & the cycle of life, death, rebirth...

Their good pollinators, they taste with their feet, & hatch with their head in two parts, having to stick the two parts together is their first job... not as many think, drying their wings.

Alas though....roughly 70% of butterfly  species have suffered declines in their numbers, with many now facing extinction due to things like habitat loss, intensive farming, & that urban cancer, the low maintenance, environmentally sterile garden.

But.... in short butterflies are ace.... even when their ducking  up my brassicas

As for earthworms...cool as duck too & absolutely crucial for healthy soil... which...seeings as our soil health is on its knees...makes them as important to humanity, as pollinators such as bees, & err...butterflies....Add to this their hermaphrodites....that our most common one has the disturbing name of the night crawler...that they have no lungs, breathing through their skin...So don’t diss the worms man....well not unless their parasitic worms crawling around inside you, in which case feel free.

Love & protect our insects, their an essential part of the rich tapestry of Mother Nature... responsible for carrying out so many of the jobs that she needs doing....including being an essential part of her food chain.

38 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Oh, they never delivered any messages for me. I hope it's not like in the movie Bruce Willis learns he is already dead. This season at least has been a nightmare.

It’s weird but when someone close to me has died, a butterfly always tends to show up in the house within a day or so, even during the colder months....Coincidence or something else?

8 hours ago, sheeponacid said:

Oh come on @Cisse butterflies are amazing things, so many beautiful colours & patterns in the butterfly world, their simply stunning creatures. 

If this isn’t enough their also intrinsically linked in mythology to the human soul, & the cycle of life, death, rebirth...

Their good pollinators, they taste with their feet, & hatch with their head in two parts, having to stick the two parts together is their first job... not as many think, drying their wings.

Alas though....roughly 70% of butterfly  species have suffered declines in their numbers, with many now facing extinction due to things like habitat loss, intensive farming, & that urban cancer, the low maintenance, environmentally sterile garden.

But.... in short butterflies are ace.... even when their ducking  up my brassicas

As for earthworms...cool as duck too & absolutely crucial for healthy soil... which...seeings as our soil health is on its knees...makes them as important to humanity, as pollinators such as bees, & err...butterflies....Add to this their hermaphrodites....that our most common one has the disturbing name of the night crawler...that they have no lungs, breathing through their skin...So don’t diss the worms man....well not unless their parasitic worms crawling around inside you, in which case feel free.

Love & protect our insects, their an essential part of the rich tapestry of Mother Nature... responsible for carrying out so many of the jobs that she needs doing....including being an essential part of her food chain.

How about the butterfly effect? One of those maggots flaps its wings in Cornwall and soon people die in Denver in a avalanche. 

1 hour ago, Cisse said:

How about the butterfly effect? One of those maggots flaps its wings in Cornwall and soon people die in Denver in a avalanche. 

Maggots how very dare you, lol...caterpillars surely? ....But I do concede that I never took into account that butterflies could be so dangerous when I began to defend them.

Although I’m not totally sure that Lorenz really believed that a butterfly could actually flap its wings in one part of the world & cause a tornado, or in this case an avalanche somewhere else in the world....there”d be an awful lot more tornadoes & avalanches knocking around if they could...even with an ever diminishing population of butterflies.

I can’t argue though that name has gained traction in popular culture, for chaos or change theories. But on balance I suspect that the avalanche that killed the poor people in Denver was probably caused by either global warming, or them screaming cmon you Rams to loudly.

So therefore after much deliberating....its my humble opinion that the accused butterfly in Cornwall, is innocent of the crime of “death by avalanche”....but is guilty of the lesser charge of aggravating some poor cabbages in St Ives. 

On 20/12/2020 at 09:06, sheeponacid said:

It’s weird but when someone close to me has died, a butterfly always tends to show up in the house within a day or so, even during the colder months....Coincidence or something else?

Open windows or doors would be my guess.

On 19/12/2020 at 16:58, Cisse said:

I have a friend who spends a lot of his time looking for butterflies. He goes out to various places in the countryside looking for them. If he finds an unusual one then he gets very excited and he will send messages and pictures to those who share his interest. Part of the attraction is being out in the countryside on his own. He also likes photography and by photographing the butterflies he is combing his pleasures. From what he has told me some butterflies are very interesting. I think there is one butterfly, or it could be a moth, that travels thousands of miles in its short life.

19 minutes ago, Normanton Lad said:

I have a friend who spends a lot of his time looking for butterflies. He goes out to various places in the countryside looking for them. If he finds an unusual one then he gets very excited and he will send messages and pictures to those who share his interest. Part of the attraction is being out in the countryside on his own. He also likes photography and by photographing the butterflies he is combing his pleasures. From what he has told me some butterflies are very interesting. I think there is one butterfly, or it could be a moth, that travels thousands of miles in its short life.

bloody hell you know him too?

7be9c741cf9aaf656c792c7ac2bd44e4c2569fed.jpg.9f729583ad683531d6df3483c8756df0.jpg

Archived