v Preston North End (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

16 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Sounds negative but I'm not being negative just asking a question. 

Do people think that if we are 3rd bottom and they cancel the season next few weeks, we will then be relegated to league 1 and then prety much be screwed? Or do you reckon no chance they just cancel the season? 

I’m not sure they could.  It enough of the season has been played to make any definite predictions. Top and bottom of the league are too close to call. I don’t think they will cancel the season, the most would be a break followed by a condensed second half of the season. 2 games a week for 4 months, it’s doable.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Sounds negative but I'm not being negative just asking a question. 

Do people think that if we are 3rd bottom and they cancel the season next few weeks, we will then be relegated to league 1 and then prety much be screwed? Or do you reckon no chance they just cancel the season? 

I would hope that after last year, the clubs got together and agreed in advance what would happen if the season were cancelled.. surely?? ...eg.. after 10 games we agree that is enough games to complete the season and any teams who have played less games get average points per game. 

Not heard anyone confirm that though. 

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Louie Watson on the bench.

Honestly? Never heard of him. I know a little about the academy, here and there, but yeah...never heard of him ?

Best of luck! 

Believe he only joined from West Ham within the last couple months!

Watson is an interesting choice to promote to the first team. Just joined from West Ham this season, has looked good and composed on the ball, can play deep or attacking but has seemed a little lightweight even at u23 level.

Stretton lost his place on the bench. Perhaps he needs more minutes at u23 level.

Seems fair enough really. Think after the Swansea game it would have been tough to drop anyone. We know what to expect from Preston and I don't see them being able to bully us with a spine of Colin, Krystian and Clarkey. I'm hopeful of a fairly routine win if we show up. Certainly the week off will have helped some tired legs and given one or two the chance to sharpen up. Cameo from Jordon maybe?

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Surprised by Watson's inclusion as I wouldn't even choose him as a starter in the U23s. Started his U23 career with us brightly with a goal and assist on his debut vs Chelsea, then got an assist in the following game, but hasn't shown enough for me since.

Keeping them all involved and wanted whilst gaining matchday experience 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Surprised by Watson's inclusion as I wouldn't even choose him as a starter in the U23s. Started his U23 career with us brightly with a goal and assist on his debut vs Chelsea, then got an assist in the following game, but hasn't shown enough for me since.

For me it is yet another reason why we need investment in jan, anyone thinking our squad is good enough to stay up is delusional

Just now, wollatonram said:

For me it is yet another reason why we need investment in jan, anyone thinking our squad is good enough to stay up is delusional

If you can’t include a couple of untried youngsters on a bench of nine players then something is wrong 

2 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

Give over, this squad was deemed good enough for the playoffs if not better last year, only major losses to that team are Martin and the two full backs. 

This squad has more than enough ability to stay up, it's up to the players to get the job done. 

Archived