What’s your go to tipple?

David

Alcohol  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally have 2 versions of a two-stage process, generally depending on time of year, company, planned length of session, and mood. 

- lagers til bloated, switching to vodka & lemonade (including shots)

- fruit cider (not apple) til bloated, switching to vodka & lemonade (including shots)

smaller sessions don’t make it to vodka. 
driving next day = not making it past 8-9pm drinking, and only pissy lager if anything. 

26 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I generally have 2 versions of a two-stage process, generally depending on time of year, company, planned length of session, and mood. 

- lagers til bloated, switching to vodka & lemonade (including shots)

- fruit cider (not apple) til bloated, switching to vodka & lemonade (including shots)

smaller sessions don’t make it to vodka. 
driving next day = not making it past 8-9pm drinking, and only pissy lager if anything. 

The bloating thing is what switched me to stronger beer in bottles. 

Still enough to quench a thirst without risking a Henry VIII explosion. 

Love a single malt and I've usually got at least 3 different bottles on the go at any one time (the wife and kids know what to get me for Xmas/birthdays/fathers day)

Also enjoy a good real ale and still have loads to go through before deciding on a favourite.

On 21/12/2020 at 09:39, FindernRam said:

Those are both pleasant but whilst I used to love Drambuie, these days it is a little sweet for me. I'm working my way slowly through the ones you never find in a Supermarket-- general rule is I'm finding the more unpronounceable the name the nicer it is. Problem with that is repeat purchase is impossible! My Scots brother in law is no help as his accent is too strong for me to copy. One translated as "small white building where the two streams meet". Try asking for that in the Ashbourne Whisky shop.

One I really dislike is Laphroiag. Like drinking cigarette ash.

Incidentally I only ever add water, never ice to scotch. American Whiskey the reverse. 

Anything g other than water added to a single malt would be sacrilege??

Archived