What’s your go to tipple?

David

Alcohol  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It's all come a long way from a small schooner of Harvey's Bristol Cream for gran at Christmas..... ?

Strangely I’ve come back to Harvey’s which has been sold to a company in the Philippines!  Superb accompanying ice cream.  Better off if not drink one glass annually from the same bottle

On 19/12/2020 at 08:50, FindernRam said:

Single malt scotch, slightly peaty. Haven't quite found the perfect one yet. Guess I'll just have to keep testing!

Glenmarangie  do some nice single malts ,in different casks .Drambui is nice and one measure to two of scotch on the rocks neat referred to as a rusty nail ,just the spot ?

On 19/12/2020 at 20:12, Steve How Hard? said:

20201219_193341.thumb.jpg.66bb252b15e179fc8e82e30113bfca83.jpg

Cheers @ariotofmyown. It's every bit as good as I remember. Thanks for the reminder. ??

Had a bottle earlier, can't say I was particularly enthused by it tbh - had one on cask about 2 years ago which was a lot nicer.

I'd go McEwans Champion over Old Peculier (some wrongheads think it's peculiar and don't know the difference!) even though it has been Wolverhampton&DudleyNotActuallyMarstonsAndWeakenedInStrengthAndFlavourToThePointOfOblvion'ed, or even a Robinson's Old Tom tbh.

Had a lovely Scotch Ale by Pentrich the other day, Ancient Pixels (9%) which tasted how I imagine these beers would have tasted before the macro-brewing bastardisations

6 hours ago, Coconut said:

Had a bottle earlier, can't say I was particularly enthused by it tbh - had one on cask about 2 years ago which was a lot nicer.

I'd go McEwans Champion over Old Peculier (some wrongheads think it's peculiar and don't know the difference!) even though it has been Wolverhampton&DudleyNotActuallyMarstonsAndWeakenedInStrengthAndFlavourToThePointOfOblvion'ed, or even a Robinson's Old Tom tbh.

Had a lovely Scotch Ale by Pentrich the other day, Ancient Pixels (9%) which tasted how I imagine these beers would have tasted before the macro-brewing bastardisations

I used to love McEwans bitter when you could get it in pubs round here. 

Might try your suggestion. 

9 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Glenmorangie  do some nice single malts ,in different casks .Drambuie is nice and one measure to two of scotch on the rocks neat referred to as a rusty nail ,just the spot ?

Those are both pleasant but whilst I used to love Drambuie, these days it is a little sweet for me. I'm working my way slowly through the ones you never find in a Supermarket-- general rule is I'm finding the more unpronounceable the name the nicer it is. Problem with that is repeat purchase is impossible! My Scots brother in law is no help as his accent is too strong for me to copy. One translated as "small white building where the two streams meet". Try asking for that in the Ashbourne Whisky shop.

One I really dislike is Laphroiag. Like drinking cigarette ash.

Incidentally I only ever add water, never ice to scotch. American Whiskey the reverse. 

Been mostly spirits (with or without low cal mixer) since I did the low carb diet a couple of years ago & stuck with the habit ever since.

Now, I very rarely drink lager / cider & only normally keep a few cans in the house for visitors or if I have a night in the pub (them were the days)

Occasional red wine - Apothic, mostly, or if it's a special occasion: Chateau Musar (Lebanese). Pricey, but lovely stuff.

Current favourite: Kraken rum, neat. Lidl's version (Liberte) is pretty good too.

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Been mostly spirits (with or without low cal mixer) since I did the low carb diet a couple of years ago & stuck with the habit ever since.

Now, I very rarely drink lager / cider & only normally keep a few cans in the house for visitors or if I have a night in the pub (them were the days)

Occasional red wine - Apothic, mostly, or if it's a special occasion: Chateau Musar (Lebanese). Pricey, but lovely stuff.

Current favourite: Kraken rum, neat. Lidl's version (Liberte) is pretty good too.

Just ordered a bottle of Kraken, thanks for the 'heads up' on the Lidl version, i'll look out for that.

12 hours ago, Coconut said:

If you go to Robin Hoods Bay and Whitby, you can still get OP brewed in Masham. It's splendid. 

Archived