What’s your go to tipple?

David

Alcohol  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had to pick one, I suppose Straffe Hendrik Tripel (being the beer I have most of in the house at the moment).

In the before-times, we used to visit Maison Du Biere (now boringly re-named House Of Beer) in Ashbourne each week, and always start by sharing a 75 cl bottle. Also, De Halve Maan (the brewery that produces said nectar) tends to feature highly on our trips to Bruges.

Variety is the spice of life though. A hot summer's day sitting outside a pub after a long canal walk and I'd snatch your hand off for a cold glass of Titanic Plum Porter.

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I've cut down on drinking loads over the last couple of years. As a result, when I do drink I tend to buy nicer ones ie £10 wine or craft beer or fresh real ale. I'm pretty sure it tastes better and makes me sound very sophisticated!

There aren't many beers nicer than a bottle of Spitfire though, which is often about a quid.

The best pints of beer though need to be in a pub. One day soon I'll get back to York for a couple of Old Peculiars in The Black Swan.

Theakstons Old Peculiar? Haven't had one of those for a long while. I'm gonna have to source some of them. Cheers??

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

If I had to pick one, I suppose Straffe Hendrik Tripel (being the beer I have most of in the house at the moment).

In the before-times, we used to visit Maison Du Biere (now boringly re-named House Of Beer) in Ashbourne each week, and always start by sharing a 75 cl bottle. Also, De Halve Maan (the brewery that produces said nectar) tends to feature highly on our trips to Bruges.

Variety is the spice of life though. A hot summer's day sitting outside a pub after a long canal walk and I'd snatch your hand off for a cold glass of Titanic Plum Porter.

They have said Titanic on draught in the Pen Factory in Hope St. (Liverpool). ??

18 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

They have said Titanic on draught in the Pen Factory in Hope St. (Liverpool). ??

My local (which I haven't visited since March) has it as a guest beer about once a month. When this crap is behind us, I shall be renewing my acquaintance with this wonderful beer - frequently.

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

My local (which I haven't visited since March) has it as a guest beer about once a month. When this crap is behind us, I shall be renewing my acquaintance with this wonderful beer - frequently.

I have to confess I was in the Pen Factory last week and did not have a Titanic to accompany my Scotch egg. Oh the shame!

Archived