Tier 3

Day

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm as mild mannered/non-confrontational as they come.  Very much a "Live and let live" kind o' guy.

So why, pray, am I seeing certain folk out there, do certain things... Notice certain people ignoring certain rules... Listen to certain individuals bemoan certain expert advice... Read certain posts by certain internet dwellers... and find myself thinking "With an attitude like yours, I truly hope that it is your family that suffers before mine"

Not sure I like the new me, but I'm equally unsure I can purge myself of such emotions.

Every one has a right to a choice and an opinion to me,  collectivism doesn't work when the best interests of every person is different. Nobody has to behave in a way that other people like or appreciate even though it is good at times, to me what other people want to do is not my business but nobody should be made to act for a collective.  In this case not everyone has much risk and some have alot more to loose than to gain from social distancing. If you expect people to act for you, you will be disappointed unfortunately. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having been to INTU and also a couple of supermarkets over the last couple of weeks, I've come to the conclusion that there are just too many selfish/stupid people for us to stand a chance of getting out of tier3 until the vacine starts to make a difference. I've lost count of the number of people in shops without masks; walking down streets and coughing without covering their mouths; or simply pushing past (because they are evidently far too important to have to wait a second or two for people to move out of their way or that the idea of social distancing is simply too complex for them....).

People say we shouldn't have restrictions and it should be left to the public to use their common sense - well in my experience, there are far too many muppets in this country and a third wave is almost certain after the twits are let off the leash over Christmas.....

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Unlike you to get worked up over things.

Had alot to get worked up about this year tbf, besides other stuff Derby have tested patience to the limits but at least Derby have picked up .  It's the down fall of giving way too many ducks about everything getting worked up, problem I have. 

It's a toxic mix of the government not knowing their bum holes from their elbows and folks who think that the rules are discretionary and only apply to them when it suits.

The person who organised the Xmas Market in Nottingham must be an absolute brain dead if they thought for a nanosecond that the good denizens of the city would behave in a controlled responsible fashion. Every week I got updates on my FB newsfeed about another student party in the city being busted. I go shopping and people crawl all over me as they cba to wait more than 5 seconds to access the product in the aisle I happen to be looking at. We're doomed. 

23 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Having been to INTU and also a couple of supermarkets over the last couple of weeks, I've come to the conclusion that there are just too many selfish/stupid people for us to stand a chance of getting out of tier3 until the vacine starts to make a difference. I've lost count of the number of people in shops without masks; walking down streets and coughing without covering their mouths; or simply pushing past (because they are evidently far too important to have to wait a second or two for people to move out of their way or that the idea of social distancing is simply too complex for them....).

People say we shouldn't have restrictions and it should be left to the public to use their common sense - well in my experience, there are far too many muppets in this country and a third wave is almost certain after the twits are let off the leash over Christmas.....

This and the vaccine PR excercise.

This government needed a win, so has pushed being the first country to approve a vaccine hard. Problem with all the publicity is people think it’s pretty much over/drop their guard....... It ain’t over by a long shot!

They’ve got to vaccinate 2/3rds of the population (almost 50 million people) for it to become properly effective...........so that’ll be next summer at the very earliest.......and we haven’t even factored in the utter ineptitude of this bunch running things!

Add this to the general stupidity/ignorance you mention and it’s going to be a long haul!

Still in better news we scored 2 last night!

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

This government needed a win, so has pushed being the first country to approve a vaccine hard. Problem with all the publicity is people think it’s pretty much over/drop their guard....... It ain’t over by a long shot!

They’ve got to vaccinate 2/3rds of the population (almost 50 million people) for it to become properly effective...........so that’ll be next summer at the very earliest.......and we haven’t even factored in the utter ineptitude of this bunch running things!

Add this to the general stupidity/ignorance you mention and it’s going to be a long haul!

I read the other day that some of the usual organisations that have worked on mass vaccinations before have been left out the loop in favour of some of Hancock’s chums. So it will clearly be well organised, and go off without a hitch...

Compare us to a similar sized island nation like New Zealand, and the difference of how all this has been handled is night and day.  

2 hours ago, Anon said:

Wish away. You'll just have to wish extra hard to overcome the staggeringly low death rate. If you really hate people who disagree with you, I'd advise wishing they die in a car accident. You have a far higher chance of success.

Not sure I wrote... or even thought... about "hating people that disagree with me"?  I am, however, becoming less tolerant of people who give no consideration to others.  Y'know, selfish people.

You may see that as being the same thing.  If so, I'd disagree with you... but I don't hate you for it! 

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If you expect people to act for you, you will be disappointed unfortunately. 

Not me personally... I'm not vulnerable... well, no more than any other reasonably healthy bloke in his 50's... but yes, I certainly think you're bang on, with that statement.

3 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Wasn’t there a report out the other day stating that less than half of the country would be vaccinated by the end of 2021? I’m last on the list for vaccination so I probably won’t get mine until 2022. Baring in mind they have no idea how long the immunisation period will last for the vaccine, any vulnerable person being vaccinated now might have to be vaccinated again by the time it’s my turn.

4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Ok , bored with the third wave now , can we move on to the fourth wave please

6 hours ago, sage said:

As the vaccine starts to spread through the age ranges, restrictions will start to ease. 

The finishing line is in sight, not a time to take chances now.

Absolutely - my father had his vaccine last week and my mother is receiving hers tomorrow and obviously they would be getting the follow up ones three weeks thereafter and if we look around everyone is doing what they usually do apart from going to a pub, cafe, restaurant or a football ground. If everyone else was sat at home like the first wave last March the infection rate would be much lower but the country can’t afford that it seems so it’s vaccine or bust 

32 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Wasn’t there a report out the other day stating that less than half of the country would be vaccinated by the end of 2021? I’m last on the list for vaccination so I probably won’t get mine until 2022. Baring in mind they have no idea how long the immunisation period will last for the vaccine, any vulnerable person being vaccinated now might have to be vaccinated again by the time it’s my turn.

Yep, not sure on the timeframes either.

There’s also the issue of the test subjects with the vaccines all be told to maintain mask wearing and social distancing.

These vaccines haven’t really been tested out in the wild so to speak, without masks and social distancing.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens if mask wearing and social distancing stops. 

6 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Mustn't forget the world beating track & trace. Cost £22b apparently..... that's quite a lot of money. OK so the track & trace ain't been a resounding success, but the money spaffed on it will make a lot of Boris's friends very happy indeed. 

Archived