Captain????

dilkie

Not a massive fan of goalkeepers being captains but with Davies out for the season, Rooney not on the pitch and Bird dropping down the pecking order is it time to assess who we have and select a new captain? 

For me I would like to see CKR take the arm band. After listening to his interviews and watching his performances on the pitch, he always seems to be the one talking and encouraging others, leading by example and giving his all. I think it’s clear the players respect him and he seems an excellent role model for youngsters. This, for me puts him in front of others such as Wiz or Shinnie. 

Thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, dilkie said:

Not a massive fan of goalkeepers being captains but with Davies out for the season, Rooney not on the pitch and Bird dropping down the pecking order is it time to assess who we have and select a new captain? 

For me I would like to see CKR take the arm band. After listening to his interviews and watching his performances on the pitch, he always seems to be the one talking and encouraging others, leading by example and giving his all. I think it’s clear the players respect him and he seems an excellent role model for youngsters. This, for me puts him in front of others such as Wiz or Shinnie. 

Thoughts? 

If he is playing every week it’s Shinnie based on past duties at Aberdeen 

17 minutes ago, dilkie said:

Thoughts? 

A bit too early for Bielik but next season if he plays like this.

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Bloody love it when the goalie is the keeper. No idea why. I think it's got something to do with Oliver Kahn at a World Cup or something? Or was it the euros? Wait, was he even the captain? 

Anyway, I'm all for it!

Same here. Much better than when the goalie is the striker!

I'd give it Marshall or Clarke even though I am not always a fan of Clarke I think he could organise the team well, Bielik is a possibility although not sure how vocal he is with English not being his first language. Shinnie is a good option but no guarantee he starts everyweek although he probably should based of today's game. 

9 hours ago, dilkie said:

Thoughts? 

I see what you did there

11 hours ago, Sparkle said:

If he is playing every week it’s Shinnie based on past duties at Aberdeen 

I'm not fussed who is captain; TBH I don't think it matters - there should be leaders all over the pitch.

On Shinnie though, it was noticeable at the end of the game v Swansea, he went round all the players - and even Rooney - and hugged them.

He's the new Twan.