Wish Kazim Richards was 25

Ramfan1958

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

You’ve definitely made that up. 

Quote from the Derby Telegraph 

I got a call asking if I would be interested in staying in England as I had come back because the kids’ school in Mexico had been shut until next year.

“It never crossed my mind to stay here and play football, because I was going to leave my family here and go do whatever I needed to do wherever in the world.

“But as soon as this opportunity came I was like 'where is it at'.

“I came down for a few days. The coach wanted to see me and have a conversation face to face.

Apology accepted ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought he had 'joined' us originally just to keep his fitness up as he couldn't go to Mexico and play because of Covid?

I got a call asking if I would be interested in staying in England as I had come back because the kids’ school in Mexico had been shut until next year.

“It never crossed my mind to stay here and play football, because I was going to leave my family here and go do whatever I needed to do wherever in the world.

“I came down for a few days. The coach wanted to see me and have a conversation face to face.

As per SRG comment ???

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

You’ve definitely made that up. 

Well he was last playing in Mexico (Until Aug 17, 2020 at Pachuca) and he couldn't return because of Covid, the rumour was he was keeping up his fitness with us. Hence I asked the question.

12 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I was about to say the same thing. It’s a tricky position to play. He may not have been able to do it as well that age as he does now.

Expect Mac has him watching Chris Martin videos*

*Sorry if I am not allowed to mention that name yet.

Which? Mac or Martin?

22 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

“I came down for a few days. The coach wanted to see me and have a conversation face to face.

Apology accepted ?

Remember reading that and thinking, this bloke is a poor mans centre forward, that at best we will get cameo appearances because he’ll never be fit enough to play 90 minutes. Thinking last 10-20 mins when we pump a long ball up to the big man or cup games to rest others.

Like others, got it wrong on the football side, although his interview on joining he spoke so well. Also think he’s one of the best free transfers we could have wished to sign. He’s definitely showing the benefit of experience and craft in his role and vital to this young side. I’m well in the fan club now.

Long way to the end of the season but now it wouldn’t surprise me at all, that if he stays fit, come the end of it, we could be heralding him as right up there with the best of our free or value for money signings in the modern age.

Ac

The thing is he could have had 3 in the last 2 games.

One cleared of the line superbly vs Stoke and one off the bar last night.

He always came across as a bit of an enigma in his early days. He is the apitomy of a journeyman but with good reason if you care to read up on his experiences of racial abuse growing up.

He is a real leader here though and willing to stand up and be counted.

The right man at the right time imo.

42 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

The thing is he could have had 3 in the last 2 games.

One cleared of the line superbly vs Stoke and one off the bar last night.

He always came across as a bit of an enigma in his early days. He is the apitomy of a journeyman but with good reason if you care to read up on his experiences of racial abuse growing up.

He is a real leader here though and willing to stand up and be counted.

The right man at the right time imo.

Agree entirely. But it’s “epitome”

I know we laugh about youtube highlight reels, but his videos from his time in Mexico and Brazil really showed his effective control and bullying of defences as well as showing that he could smash in a goal every now and again. People were rightly skeptical of a few minutes of highlights from a class of league we know little about, but CKR has shown that the highlight reel was actually quite accurate and his performances under Rooney can probably have their own video highlights package already.

He's the player we all need right now. Someone to lead a team up the table, to inspire fans, to talk from the heart and show his passion on and off the pitch. Kazim is God.

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I'd love to know who actually signed him, as I get the impression Cocu didn't fancy him at all.  When he was still here we were crying out for someone like Col-Kaz to hold the ball up, and bring others in, yet he never got a look in.  Maybe if he'd started earlier Phil would still be in a job and we'd be (at least a little) further up the table...

Agree with all that.   It's a strange one.  Similar to MTW and why he's not playing with his apparent pedigree. 

Well must admit like most people I was very disappointed when we signed him thought we were scrapping the barrel but in the matches I've seen him he could turn out to be the best signing of the season, love his passion and determination and he could become a icon for the fans. 

If he was a few years younger, he’d definitely be one of the best strikers in the division. Really impressed with what I’ve seen of him so far. I thought it was a bit of a joke when we signed him, but I’ve got to admit when I’m wrong. He battles for absolutely everything, and is a real menace to defenders. The only worry is of course with his age. There’s no doubt he will eventually run out of steam, so we need to make sure we sign at least one, if not two, new strikers in January to compete with him.

Archived