Wish Kazim Richards was 25

Ramfan1958

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Proper centre forward Proper team player . His touch and control is fantastic really pleased with his performances.  

He has learnt his role over time - he has hardly scored many goals in England so two is quite good for him, let’s enjoy him helping us as it’s very much similar to what Kuci did for us and I am sure he will be gone by the summer altough under Cocu I thought it would be Christmas 

Just now, Sparkle said:

He has learnt his role over time - he has hardly scored many goals in England so two is quite good for him, let’s enjoy him helping us as it’s very much similar to what Kuci did for us and I am sure he will be gone by the summer altough under Cocu I thought it would be Christmas 

Cocu the man who bought him in, you mean?

2 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Proper centre forward Proper team player . His touch and control is fantastic really pleased with his performances.  

I wouldn’t want him at 25. What he’s doing, and how he’s playing now comes from those years of experience, of playing in so many different teams and countries. You also get the sense that he’s relishing his last chance to prove some folk wrong.

When he arrived, I was thinking the goal tally didn't seem very high, but the truth is

that any goals he gets are an added bonus, as he is one of those rare players that can

make things happen for everyone around him, apart from ducking up the opposing defense

and winning 50% of the headers in our box during corners/free kicks etc.. an absolute man

mountain, and we are now seeing the extent of what he brings to the team.

Colin - we love you.................?

I think he is doing brilliantly and certainly proving me wrong. His attitude has really stood out for me and has maybe rubbed off on a few. Last night he was a proper centre forward - held the ball, bullied the centre half, strong, got his goal - a real handful. Also brings a little bit of streetwise gamesmanship. I like him. Hats off. 

9 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I will hold my hands up and admit when we signed him I was in the ‘WTF?!’ camp but he had well and truly won me over. 

From his interviews and his play you know he cares... that’s all I want. His effort is impeccable and he deserves all the plaudits coming his way recently.

Kazim... sorry for doubting you, you’ve well and truly proven me wrong ??

My thoughts exactly. His reaction when Jozwiak scored showed how much he cares - great character to have in the team.

He was brilliant last night. Some of the extra things he does just made me and my lad laugh. Wasting time by holding the ball away from their player, and their player being scared to try and get it off him!! Some of our other players tried that and got mauled by their players.

Conceding a free kick against their defender and then pretending to kick the ball towards him and have him crap his pants!!

In the last few minutes helping out at the back to clear the ball and destroying their player he hit the ball so hard at him ?

It was those things along with his great all round display both in a attack and at the back for us that made it a brilliant display.

Glad we have him when we do, he is very needed right now.

11 hours ago, KBB said:

The player he is now is not the player he was 10 years ago. He seemed to be used more as a wide forward for his pace and skills on the ball.

Sometimes the intelligence of hold up play and the ability to be a focal point only comes with age and experience. As the body slows down you have to play a different way. I'm thinking Glenn Murray here.

He is the new shefki kuqi and thats good enough for me.

Interestingly, do we think Nigel Clough would've signed CKR (had he been available for a "Barker like fee")?

I like to think he would've done. He'd have been all over the 34 year old CKR as long he'd been at a Scottish club.

2 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Very astute signing IMO.  A goal machine he isn't, which we still need, but he's a proper bullying CF. Great presence, great target man, fantastic attitude.  

I'd love to know who actually signed him, as I get the impression Cocu didn't fancy him at all.  When he was still here we were crying out for someone like Col-Kaz to hold the ball up, and bring others in, yet he never got a look in.  Maybe if he'd started earlier Phil would still be in a job and we'd be (at least a little) further up the table...

32 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I'd love to know who actually signed him, as I get the impression Cocu didn't fancy him at all.  When he was still here we were crying out for someone like Col-Kaz to hold the ball up, and bring others in, yet he never got a look in.  Maybe if he'd started earlier Phil would still be in a job and we'd be (at least a little) further up the table...

Apparently it was Cocu who got him in but he wasn’t properly up to speed fitness wise until after Philip left 

4 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Apparently it was Cocu who got him in but he wasn’t properly up to speed fitness wise until after Philip left 

I thought he had 'joined' us originally just to keep his fitness up as he couldn't go to Mexico and play because of Covid?

5 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

But did Cocu give him enough time on the pitch to get fitter , even if only as a sub?

Archived