Rams v Swans Match Ratings

sage

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

?

You can’t give a high mark just because he had nothing to do. If he was being scouted at the game by Scotland the report back would be “We can’t judge him because he had no opportunity to show what a fine keeper he is”. It’s not a slur on his ability. He could’ve stood there smoking a Cuban all game. Simple as that. 

Marshall   7

Byrne       8

Buchanan   8

Wisdom    7

Clarke     7

Knight     7

Bielik       9

Shinnie     8

Waghorn   7

CKR       9

Jozwiak.   8

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

You can’t give a high mark just because he had nothing to do. If he was being scouted at the game by Scotland the report back would be “We can’t judge him because he had no opportunity to show what a fine keeper he is”. It’s not a slur on his ability. He could’ve stood there smoking a Cuban all game. Simple as that. 

I think people keep highlighting the rating you gave because five is under average.

And if given the value under average, he should've made some mistakes?  I'm not sure about these grades, but I assume that's the point.

Marshall   7

Byrne       8

Buchanan   8

Wisdom    7

Clarke     8

Knight     7

Bielik       9

Shinnie     7

Waghorn   7

CKR       9

Jozwiak.   8

Marshall   6

Byrne       7

Buchanan  7

Wisdom     8

Clarke        8

Knight       7

Bielik         8

Shinnie      8

Waghorn    7

CKR         7

Jozwiak    7

Poor Marshall gets a lower mark only because he spent most of the night filing his nails!

5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I think people keep highlighting the rating you gave because five is under average.

And if given the value under average, he should've made some mistakes?  I'm not sure about these grades, but I assume that's the point.

Yep , I do get it thanks @Dimmu. It’s below average because there’s nothing to go on. That’s life. 

Marshall       7 

Byrne            7

Buchanan       7

Wisdom         8

Clarke            8

Knight            8

Bielik              9

Shinnie           8

Waghorn          7

CKR                  8

Jozwiak           8

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

agreed. but also you can't give a low mark because he has nothing to do. 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Yes I can. And I did. Do you give a striker 9 out of 10 if we lose 5-0 and have no shots on target? ?

that's not the same though.  On a good day you don't want your GK having to do anything, whereas the striker always needs to do something. 

All Marshall had to do all game was make a couple of punches, clear the ball a couple of times, and make a few short passes. He did all those and made no errors, captained the side well, and communicated well with the back line to help claim another clean sheet. And you scored him a 5 out of 10, below average performance. I just thought it was harsh, but your entitled to your opinion.

Marshall       7 

Byrne            7

Buchanan       7

Wisdom         8

Clarke            8

Knight            8

Bielik              9

Shinnie           8

Waghorn          7

CKR                  8

Jozwiak           8

17 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

that's not the same though.  On a good day you don't want your GK having to do anything, whereas the striker always needs to do something. 

All Marshall had to do all game was make a couple of punches, clear the ball a couple of times, and make a few short passes. He did all those and made no errors, captained the side well, and communicated well with the back line to help claim another clean sheet. And you scored him a 5 out of 10, below average performance. I just thought it was harsh, but your entitled to your opinion.

You can’t give a score in the absence of evidence to give a score...and it’s totally the same {emboldened bit}. 

Archived