v Rotherham (A) - Matchday Thread [POSTPONED]

Bubbles

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick reminder that only three years ago we postponed a fixture for “snow” against Cardiff because we had a few injuries. The safety of everybody has to come first and it is only frustrating because we’re in good form. 

There’ll be an investigation and anything untoward will be highlighted but for now you just have to take it at face value. If Rotherham buried it and half our squad got the illness that would be a much worse situation.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Quick reminder that only three years ago we postponed a fixture for “snow” against Cardiff because we had a few injuries. The safety of everybody has to come first and it is only frustrating because we’re in good form. 

There’ll be an investigation and anything untoward will be highlighted but for now you just have to take it at face value. If Rotherham buried it and half our squad got the illness that would be a much worse situation.

We didn’t  postpone that fixture the powers that be did and I don’t men Derby county 

It will be interesting to see if these other players that are feeling unwell are tested and what the results are. If non come back positive then action needs to be taken, otherwise any team with injury problems can come up with the covid get out.

16 minutes ago, sage said:

Well glad we've all shown our sympathies and concerns for people with a potentially fatal illness 

I must confess I haven't heard of any athlete either here or back in the US (where scores and score have caught it across the 3 major sports) even being admitted to hospital never mind dying.

I mean I get your point, kind of, and if this was a meeting of the crown green bowls over 75's club, then I'd be on board. But I'm not really blaming anybody for being annoyed or irritated. 

So yes, it is potentially fatal, but so is a bee sting, but I'd still pmsl if I saw @Eatonram get stung on his ass my one. 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We didn’t  postpone that fixture the powers that be did and I don’t men Derby county 

Indeed a decicion which had to be made at something like 6-7am beacuse it was an early (12:00) kick off

A decision made when the weather was still looking pretty poor and we were still forcast further snow, with Cardiff informed at an early enough juncture for them to head back home... which they ignored.

It’s not that it has been postponed because of of covid it’s the lateness of the postponement 90 mins before kick off - also why weren’t all those other clubs affected by one positive test postponing their fixtures and the players and staff self isolating - different standards and all that but the EFL is about to commit itself to another big mess

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

It’s not that it has been postponed because of of covid it’s the lateness of the postponement 90 mins before kick off - also why weren’t all those other clubs affected by one positive test postponing their fixtures and the players and staff self isolating - different standards and all that but the EFL is about to commit itself to another big mess

They played Blackburn 3 days ago, assuming the player that tested positive played against Blackburn, then wouldn't the Stoke v Blackburn game need to be postponed too? At my work, if I'd had contact with someone who tested positive 3 days later, I would need to isolate.

9 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I must confess I haven't heard of any athlete either here or back in the US (where scores and score have caught it across the 3 major sports) even being admitted to hospital never mind dying.

I mean I get your point, kind of, and if this was a meeting of the crown green bowls over 75's club, then I'd be on board. But I'm not really blaming anybody for being annoyed or irritated. 

So yes, it is potentially fatal, but so is a bee sting, but I'd still pmsl if I saw @Eatonram get stung on his ass my one. 

They have older staff at the club, parents, grandparents etc. Not an issue with people being annoyed and disappointed, just amused by the Trump-like toddler selfishness of demanding punishment or conceding the points. 

22 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not sure if this is tongue-in-cheek - if not then it's rubbish!

Wolfie20 imagine Neil Warnock/Steve Gibson's reaction if Middlesborough turned up at Pride Park to find the match postponed? They would be up in arms and complaining to the EFL. That's what makes me so angry/frustrated. 

Archived