v Rotherham (A) - Matchday Thread [POSTPONED]

Bubbles

5 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Couldn’t have come at a worse time, we’re finally hitting a bit of form and we might now stop playing for essentially 10 days. Physiologically if we’re 6 points behind again it’s not going to be good for the team. I don’t know enough about the situation but is it both sets of player or just one team? If it’s just them then we could be playing sooner. 

I don´t think the logic of the physio´s will be psychologically affected....

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rample said:

1 positive test in today's squad bubble this morning apparently. EFL will investigate.

If that's correct then I don't see how Rotherham had much choice other than to cancel due to the remainder of the squad having to isolate.

They would expect the EFL to look very closely at the timings but then it's the EFL so that's anybody's guess.

Teams like Sunderland and Burton have played with weakened teams, whilst Posh are cancelling a rash of games.

There is going to be some news engineering, late cancellations and cunning deceit going on with the Covid factor; there will be clubs taking advantage if there are no sanctions for any late, late, 'positive test' announcements.

I know safety is paramount but my cynicism just gets the better of me....

Expect much more of the same.....

1 minute ago, Woodypecker said:

Teams like Sunderland and Burton have played with weakened teams, whilst Posh are cancelling a rash of games.

There is going to be some news engineering, late cancellations and cunning deceit going on with the Covid factor; there will be clubs taking advantage if there are no sanctions for any late, late, 'positive test' announcements.

I know safety is paramount but my cynicism just gets the better of me....

Expect much more of the same.....

I would imagine there has to be some involvement in the process by the EFL and test results submitted to them. Can’t just make up false positive tests ...

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Well glad we've all shown our sympathies and concerns for people with a potentially fatal illness 

Yeah, this tbh. 

We're in unprecedented times and our club has had a match called off. It's disappointing but come on Rams, I'm sure RUFC have acted appropriately and in doing so have possibly prevented Covid-19 spreading to and then among our players.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would imagine there has to be some involvement in the process by the EFL and test results submitted to them. Can’t just make up false positive tests ...

Maybe there should be, but it doesn't sound like there is, else the statement would have mentioned it & it wouldn't be subject to an investigation

"The Club has therefore informed the EFL it is unable to fulfil this afternoon’s fixture and the circumstances surrounding the postponement will now be the subject of an investigation in accordance with EFL Regulations."

3 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Yeah, this tbh. 

We're in unprecedented times and our club has had a match called off. It's disappointing but come on Rams, I'm sure RUFC have acted appropriately and in doing so have possibly prevented Covid-19 spreading to and then among our players.

But why was it left so late? 

2 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Typical EFL if it had been the other way round and we postponed it at Pride Park they would be looking to do us for such a late postponement. PARASITES. Spoilt my Saturday. 

Rotherham informed the EFL that they were unable to fulfil the fixture. The EFL didn't make the decision to call the game off on their behalf.

2 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Typical EFL if it had been the other way round and we postponed it at Pride Park they would be looking to do us for such a late postponement. PARASITES. Spoilt my Saturday. 

Not sure if this is tongue-in-cheek - if not then it's rubbish!

Hummm. At a bit of a loss what to do now, I know ! Find  old CD of FIFA 2002 .. reload it and play Us V them all afternoon.

first game is usually kind of 2-0 while I remember the controls, but after a bit of practice 7 or 8 nil thumping safe doable 

Archived