v Rotherham (A) - Matchday Thread [POSTPONED]

Bubbles

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Lee Johnson Sunderland Manager said in the week that if they fail to play the game at this late stage they could forfeit the game

Its the EFL who have postponed the fixture due to one player testing positive and some others showing symptoms for Rotherham and in due course they will arrange a new fixture - we won’t be awarded this game but it has set a prescient for other games in the future especially if you have a lot of injuries ( just like Rotherham have currently) so if a team don’t fancy it cancel with an hour and a half to go with a false negative test - just saying it’s possible 

Couldn’t have come at a worse time, we’re finally hitting a bit of form and we might now stop playing for essentially 10 days. Physiologically if we’re 6 points behind again it’s not going to be good for the team. I don’t know enough about the situation but is it both sets of player or just one team? If it’s just them then we could be playing sooner. 

By coincidence, a guy I know who works at Rotherham was in at the ground really early today, so this just all seems very bizarre.

Obviously it's better to play without risk so games should be postponed/cancelled where there is that risk, however this is very poor and I hope the league look into the circumstances here. Rotherham, surely, must have known they had players reporting symptoms and having had tests.  They can't have had multiple players report that this morning, surely?

Archived