v Rotherham (A) - Matchday Thread [POSTPONED]

Bubbles

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Surely they'd have known the results of tests / players showing symptoms earlier instead of an hour before kick off? ?

Why would they?

Testing not compulsory for clubs. Maybe this was done through the club or privately because a few may have symptoms.

Its crap it’s this late but you know what, better to cancel than play a game with risk attached.

Well, that’s annoying. We really could have done with building some momentum after that win midweek. Now we’ve got a while to wait until our next match, and we’ll have an extra game to play at some point, which will make our fixture schedule even tighter. I guess it’s just the way it is at the moment, and we have to make sure everyone is safe. It does seem a ridiculously late call though.

Hopefully they investigate how the outbreak came about within the squad, and if it’s found the Rotherham haven’t followed the COVID regulations properly, then they should have to forfeit the game imo. Said similar about Newcastle the other week.

9 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

If the EFL are going to persist in having DCFC in dock all year for 'offences' for which we were found not guilty 3 months ago, what are the sanctions against Rotherham for calling off a game with under 1.5 hours before kick-off, and what are the facts (and rules) about the number of fit players available to Rotherham to undertake the fixture?

Ridiculously late announcement and we want the facts, please.

Lee Johnson Sunderland Manager said in the week that if they fail to play the game at this late stage they could forfeit the game

Now what do I do?! One of the after effects of my brain haemorrhage last year is that I  seem to need having my day planned ahead, so now I’m properly flummoxed!! I can’t go shopping ( thank goodness) and I don’t want to write Christmas emails or cards and I’ve been for my daily walk.
Looks like I’ll have to play solitaire on iPad and listen to my audio book! But I will have my halftime apple and chocolate bar, so all is not lost!

32 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Always the risk at the moment. 

Shame as we looked like we were coming into form, but also have to look at it as a chance to rest, especially the likes of Kaz and Beilik who we are asking quite a bit of at the moment given their lack mins before they came into the side

... what..90 minutes before kick off? Did they only get Covid 19 test results that late? I smell a rat!

Archived