v Rotherham (A) - Matchday Thread [POSTPONED]

Bubbles

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kevinhectoring said:

completely agree   loved him that season but since then v disappointing      I wonder if he still has a hamstring niggle      

His best position was central, not as a winger. He's struggled to get a spot in there for a while. Last season, he was probably our best player up until circa Christmas, but then got injured as the team took an upswing.

12 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

What's happened to Holmes? He was a scintillating player under lampard

I’m not sure to be honest, he used to be one of my favourite players, but he seems to have declined quite a lot. Perhaps it was the Cocu effect on attacking players, but he doesn’t appear to have stopped the slide since he was sacked either. I mean, he’s still ok, and doesn’t deserve some of the criticism he gets from certain quarters of the fan base, but he doesn’t seem to have much impact anymore. 

I suppose what happened to his mate must have hit him hard, and is probably showing in his performances sadly. Seems like an absolute top bloke though, so I hope he can find his feet again.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

What's happened to Holmes? He was a scintillating player under lampard

When you’re playing in a midfield with Wilson and Mount, who bring a lot of creativity and skill and therefore are more likely to be marked by the opposition. As a result, lower league Duane had more space and opportunity to get on the ball and drive with it.

15 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

GK Marshall

RB Byrne 

CB Wizdom 

CB Clarke 

LB Buchanan

CDM The man mountain 

CM Knight

CM Shiniesta 

RF Waggy 

CF CKR 

LW Jozwiak 

No one deserves dropping from Wednesday, hopefully we can make it comfortable and get Ibe and Sibley on. 
Banana skin though, we have to match them all game as Rotherham are very capable. 

Bielik aka  Mt. Bielik

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Ibe is still carrying too much timber. 
he has a lot of work to do to get fit.

He is in no way overweight, but maybe his cardio isn't up to scratch at the moment. You can carry more body fat and be able to have the cardio to run around for 90 minutes, or you can also be super hench and not be able to run for 5 minutes without needing a lie down. He doesn't need to lose weight (drastically anyways as some posters may allude to) to get his fitness back, he needs to be building up his cardio and ability to recover quickly.

His position requires sprinters speed and fast recovery to go again when the attack is launched, it takes a lot of training to be able to do this. I think he'll be stuck to 45 minute U23 cameos for another month. He might get some minutes in the cup to put him in the first team setup against opposition that might be seen as a bit less fit than a championship team. Hopefully he's going to be available for the final third of the season. No more setbacks please.

2 minutes ago, roboto said:

He is in no way overweight, but maybe his cardio isn't up to scratch at the moment. You can carry more body fat and be able to have the cardio to run around for 90 minutes, or you can also be super hench and not be able to run for 5 minutes without needing a lie down. He doesn't need to lose weight (drastically anyways as some posters may allude to) to get his fitness back, he needs to be building up his cardio and ability to recover quickly.

His position requires sprinters speed and fast recovery to go again when the attack is launched, it takes a lot of training to be able to do this. I think he'll be stuck to 45 minute U23 cameos for another month. He might get some minutes in the cup to put him in the first team setup against opposition that might be seen as a bit less fit than a championship team. Hopefully he's going to be available for the final third of the season. No more setbacks please.

I really don’t get the he is overweight baalocks, he’s always had a thick frame, it’s where the power comes from that makes him so dangerous. He needs to get fit, and then needs to get match fit, which is a whole other thing. He doesn’t need to get down the local Slimming World group ?‍♂️

On 17/12/2020 at 08:24, angieram said:

Be careful about wishing for no changes for Saturday. Swansea played very well against Cardiff, were really up for it and Cooper rewarded them by picking an unchanged side against Derby. They were slow out of the blocks, allowed us to take the momentum and didn't seem to have the running in their legs to compete against us. It took three half time changes to give any momentum to their game, but the battle was already lost.

Rotherham will be a different proposition to Swansea, much more physical  and will present different challenges. I will trust Rooney and his team to assess for fitness, fit and choose his team accordingly.

Wise words as always @angieram. Think Rotherham will be more direct and target our centre-halves. 

Archived