v Rotherham (A) - Matchday Thread [POSTPONED]

Bubbles

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ref for this game is the muppet who sent Sibley off against WBA in July (later rescinded) and has already shown 3 reds in 10 matches this season - good chance the match won't finish with 22 on the field, just hope he feels he owes us one!

7 minutes ago, Kenavo said:

The ref for this game is the muppet who sent Sibley off against WBA in July (later rescinded) and has already shown 3 reds in 10 matches this season - good chance the match won't finish with 22 on the field, just hope he feels he owes us one!

3 reds in 10 matches equates to 33.33% - So not actually a good chance ? 

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

lol, But that's not what you said and now the odds are approx 10% 

Jeez, this is hard work! The point is that the average reds/game is 0.1 and this guy has an average this season of 0.33 - so there is a well above average (which could therefore be considered "good") chance of seeing a red in this game... and we have direct evidence of the quality of the ref from the WBA game last season.

Tell you what - forget I mentioned it!

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Sorry Juan 

Got interrupted and ended up posting pretty much the same as you! 

The players look well up for it. My first query is, who can now get into this team if we continue to play like this. Second query is, which positions do we NEED to get replacements for at Xmas and will this disrupt the team spirit.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

The players look well up for it. My first query is, who can now get into this team if we continue to play like this. Second query is, which positions do we NEED to get replacements for at Xmas and will this disrupt the team spirit.

We need to see the team start like that every week. 

Confidence plays a big part. They've not lost for a while so are a bit more positive in all they do. 

Positions for me remain three through the middle. CH, CM and CF. 

Wisdom and Clarke are doing okay but we need pressure for their position. I'd let Evans and Te Wierik go to get one player in. 

I know we've got loads of midfield players but we need an attacking pivot in case Knight is unavailable. Someone who brings a few goals. We may have to get rid of a fans' favourite to land the right one. 

Up front we still need a pacy striker. Someone who gets the opposition worried about turning. 

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Confidence plays a big part. They've not lost for a while so are a bit more positive in all they do. 

Wisdom and Clarke are doing okay but we need pressure for their position. I'd let Evans and Te Wierik go to get one player in. 

I know we've got loads of midfield players but we need an attacking pivot in case Knight is unavailable. Someone who brings a few goals. We may have to get rid of a fans' favourite to land the right one. 

Up front we still need a pacy striker. Someone who gets the opposition worried about turning. 

I very dare Rooney to drop Kazim. After 21 changes, Wayne has found a team that could potentially do very well. Pity that we have already played 29 games. Five wins out of six like Cardiff would be nice. 

Just now, Rampage said:

I very dare Rooney to drop Kazim. After 21 changes, Wayne has found a team that could potentially do very well. Pity that we have already played 29 games. Five wins out of six like Cardiff would be nice. 

Would you believe 19 games 

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Attacking midfield cover like Sibley? 

GK Marshall

RB Byrne 

CB Wizdom 

CB Clarke 

LB Buchanan

CDM The man mountain 

CM Knight

CM Shiniesta 

RF Waggy 

CF CKR 

LW Jozwiak 

No one deserves dropping from Wednesday, hopefully we can make it comfortable and get Ibe and Sibley on. 
Banana skin though, we have to match them all game as Rotherham are very capable. 

24 minutes ago, David said:

No Ibe tomorrow 

Strange, his DCFC tv interview seemed to say he was still assessing both their fitness ahead of the game today. 
Really starting think Ibe is going to be a constant sick note, hoping I’m wrong but some players do have a knack of always picking up knocks.

Some of it has to be a mentality I know how it sounds but I just think players like Keogh probably played with knocks and looked after them selves better to avoid them.  

7 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Strange, his DCFC tv interview seemed to say he was still assessing both their fitness ahead of the game today. 
Really starting think Ibe is going to be a constant sick note, hoping I’m wrong but some players do have a knack of always picking up knocks.

Some of it has to be a mentality I know how it sounds but I just think players like Keogh probably played with knocks and looked after them selves better to avoid them.  

Honestly dont think it's the case even though I have been disappointed he can't play, think a combination of chronic illness and a complete lack of match fitness has kept him out and the the odd small knock hasn't helped, hopefully he can atleast play a game in January because if he's not fit for the new year it becomes abit ridiculous. 

21 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

Not many sides go five games without conceding a goal - especially ones at the wrong end of the table - so I'm predicting we'll let one in at Rotherham.

But this is the stupidity of 'probability'... Had we won 2-1 against Swansea - and therefore ended our clean sheet run - I would have predicted a clean sheet at Rotherham.

Makes no sense at all!!

Gambler's fallacy!

10 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

GK Marshall

RB Byrne 

CB Wizdom 

CB Clarke 

LB Buchanan

CDM The man mountain 

CM Knight

CM Shiniesta 

RF Waggy 

CF CKR 

LW Jozwiak 

No one deserves dropping from Wednesday, hopefully we can make it comfortable and get Ibe and Sibley on. 
Banana skin though, we have to match them all game as Rotherham are very capable. 

Just wondering for this one to bring Fozzy in to help deal with the route 1 assault ?

Archived