v Rotherham (A) - Matchday Thread [POSTPONED]

Bubbles

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, angieram said:

Be careful about wishing for no changes for Saturday. Swansea played very well against Cardiff, were really up for it and Cooper rewarded them by picking an unchanged side against Derby. They were slow out of the blocks, allowed us to take the momentum and didn't seem to have the running in their legs to compete against us. It took three half time changes to give any momentum to their game, but the battle was already lost.

Rotherham will be a different proposition to Swansea, much more physical  and will present different challenges. I will trust Rooney and his team to assess for fitness, fit and choose his team accordingly.

Absolutely and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Forsyth start away from home as he has been having a job share with Buchanan this season which seems to be helping both of them and Rooney may want the extra height as Rotherham are very tall and we no longer have Davies to head the ball away - Buchanan has been doing very well for a young one whilst Forsyth is very dependable but I would expect the rest to be as against Swansea 

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is it too early in the season to classify this game as a relegation 6 pointer?

Naaa ..  it if we win it though, it will be confirmation that we have a squad and a team that is approaching it’s “on paper value” and we’ll be justified in getting all hopeful and triumphant - beyond just one game hyperbole (god I love that word ?)

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

perfect scenario is to be well ahead after 65 mins so that Stretton and Ibe can be given proper game time and CKR can get a rest 

no pooing about need to be 4-0 up before we start messing around, we've let Rotherham off the hook in the past and no repeat will be tolerated

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we play like we did against Swansea we'll smash Rotherham. 

It's up to Rooney and the players to make sure their performance levels don't drop. 

Sorry Juan 

Got interrupted and ended up posting pretty much the same as you! 

Not many sides go five games without conceding a goal - especially ones at the wrong end of the table - so I'm predicting we'll let one in at Rotherham.

But this is the stupidity of 'probability'... Had we won 2-1 against Swansea - and therefore ended our clean sheet run - I would have predicted a clean sheet at Rotherham.

Makes no sense at all!!

Archived