v Rotherham (A) - Matchday Thread [POSTPONED]

Bubbles

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t doubt Rotherham had a player test positive but they have a lot more players registered to play who are not self isolating I suspect so they have failed to fulfil the fixture - it’s a right mess but with the EFL any decision can be made - appealed - re made - appealed again - thrown out - relegated - points deducted - points reinstated, if you know what I mean 

If the squad have trained together, they need to isolate till cleared.  Which  is what they must do. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t doubt Rotherham had a player test positive but they have a lot more players registered to play who are not self isolating I suspect so they have failed to fulfil the fixture - it’s a right mess but with the EFL any decision can be made - appealed - re made - appealed again - thrown out - relegated - points deducted - points reinstated, if you know what I mean 

Should have been cancelled earlier imo.

Not bad but not perfect results otherwise .. leaves us with a simple task .. win the game in hand and we gain ground over QPR and Florist. It’s in our hands. Hey ho 

The thing that fills me with confidence is that we are a squad with untapped potential while many many others are at a level that they won’t exceed - good or bad

If the reports are correct, it clearly isnt acceptable for an away team to turn up for a game only to find their opposition are all at home following a positive result the night before. Interested to see how it plays out with the ever-cretinous EFL

Whilst it's a frustrating to be denied a chance to build on the positive display v Swansea, I think this postponement has actually done us a favour. We've got a lot of games over the next few weeks & a break is a definite advantage over other clubs, some with smaller squads than us. It also gives CKR & Bielik some rest time, 2 players who have been instrumental to our upturn but have only recently been considered matchfit & are probably struggling a little with the Sat/Wed routine. 

So many fans instantly going cynical on here.

If Derby called a game off very late because you’ve we’ve just lost a host of players because of track and trace you wouldn’t be angry.

Of course we will wait for the facts to come out but as long as the result came out after 12, and then an immediate T and T means a whole host of players now have to stay at home then I’ve got no issue with this. Plus if other players have symptoms then they obviously have a bit of an issue and likelihood is that many will also have an asymptomatic case.

Do you really want out team to go out and play a team where there is a high chance that players have the virus?

So let’s all take a rest, let the facts come out and not put this down as some conspiracy forecast. 

44 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

If the reports are correct, it clearly isnt acceptable for an away team to turn up for a game only to find their opposition are all at home following a positive result the night before. Interested to see how it plays out with the ever-cretinous EFL

Whilst it's a frustrating to be denied a chance to build on the positive display v Swansea, I think this postponement has actually done us a favour. We've got a lot of games over the next few weeks & a break is a definite advantage over other clubs, some with smaller squads than us. It also gives CKR & Bielik some rest time, 2 players who have been instrumental to our upturn but have only recently been considered matchfit & are probably struggling a little with the Sat/Wed routine. 

If it was s default what is the penalty.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

For all you lot casting aspersions on our decision to postpone the Cardiff game, I re-share a post I made that day:

All that proves is you Rowett and Morris were all in on the charade. ❄️❄️ And that's fake snow on that car can tell it a mile off. 

9 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

It's 2020, a complete mess of a year. Maybe they bent the rules, maybe they didn't. Does it actually matter? We're lucky to have any football at all.

It will if football is closed down. Can football be played in a Tier 4 area.

Archived