v Rotherham (A) - Matchday Thread [POSTPONED]

Bubbles

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

Wolfie20 imagine Neil Warnock/Steve Gibson's reaction if Middlesborough turned up at Pride Park to find the match postponed? They would be up in arms and complaining to the EFL. That's what makes me so angry/frustrated. 

Or scared play is now

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

This is exactly the same as we did to Cardiff, so I'm not sure how we can make a massive deal out if it.

We knew they had almost unstoppable momentum at that time and we got the game called off.

What goes around comes around.

I refuse to believe that Rotherham are not genuine on this matter.

Any team that would try to use Covid to there advantage would be lower than a snakes belly.

1 hour ago, rad1919 said:

This is exactly the same as we did to Cardiff, so I'm not sure how we can make a massive deal out if it.

We knew they had almost unstoppable momentum at that time and we got the game called off.

What goes around comes around.

That was different. We are after all the Rams. ?

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

Momentum lost. Much rather it had gone ahead. After Xmas now and playing catch up on fixtures. Gagging to give my £10 to Ramstv on this occasion 

Must be a slight  possibility of league shutting down at some point because of the new highly transmissible Corona variant. So we need to get out of the bottom three. I joke not.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

As mentioned earlier, early kick off meant decision made in consultation with police in early morning.  Certainly not made just by the club if it was  the efl for absolutely certain would have docked us points.

Also it might have been ok in Derby but i live within 10 miles as the crow flies from Pride Park and it wasn't possible to traverse our street until 10.30am.

4 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Also it might have been ok in Derby but i live within 10 miles as the crow flies from Pride Park and it wasn't possible to traverse our street until 10.30am.

I for one would like to know when the tests proved.positive. Surely before we set off for the game or a least before noon.

On 18/03/2018 at 13:46, angieram said:

Snow on my car roof and outside temperature now - over four hours after the match was called off. I live less than ten miles from the ground and our drive is like a skating ring.

I'm pleased we're not having to battle with the conditions to go to the game.

2018-03-18 12.43.13.jpg

2018-03-18 12.44.16.jpg

1 hour ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

I refuse to believe that Rotherham are not genuine on this matter.

Any team that would try to use Covid to there advantage would be lower than a snakes belly.

I’m not sure the issue is whether their player genuinely had Covid or not.

If Sky Sports are right and the player tested positive last night, and they had all gone home today before even informing us and the game being postponed, then they clearly haven’t gone about it the right way. I’d imagine that’s what the EFL would look into rather than the legitimacy of the Covid test.

To call a game off 90 minutes before, and be at home when the opposition arrive and discover the game is postponed is pretty poor.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I’m not sure the issue is whether their player genuinely had Covid or not.

If Sky Sports are right and the player tested positive last night, and they had all gone home today before even informing us and the game being postponed, then they clearly haven’t gone about it the right way. I’d imagine that’s what the EFL would look into rather than the legitimacy of the Covid test.

To call a game off 90 minutes before, and be at home when the opposition arrive and discover the game is postponed is pretty poor.

And I agree, but there were some posts that were sceptical about the postponement.  I was just offering my opinion on that.

I don’t doubt Rotherham had a player test positive but they have a lot more players registered to play who are not self isolating I suspect so they have failed to fulfil the fixture - it’s a right mess but with the EFL any decision can be made - appealed - re made - appealed again - thrown out - relegated - points deducted - points reinstated, if you know what I mean 

Archived