v Rotherham (A) - Matchday Thread [POSTPONED]

Bubbles

Nice ? 

Didn't expect that at all.

Best performance from us since probably Stoke last Jan.

AND WE SCORED 2 GOALS!

Onto Rotherham on Saturday...

A different game yet will be challenging.

3pm Kick off. 19th December.

Bubbles' Matchday Threads keep on going ? 

My team: Same as tonight.

COYR!!!! 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Nice ? 

Didn't expect that at all.

Best performance from us since probably Stoke last Jan.

AND WE SCORED 2 GOALS!

Onto Rotherham on Saturday...

A different game yet will be challenging.

3pm Kick off. 19th December.

Bubbles' Matchday Threads keep on going ? 

My team: Same as tonight.

COYR!!!! 

3pm... 3pm... 3pm... 3pm... 3pm... 3pm... 3pm... 3pm... 3pm... 3pm... 3pm... 3pm...

Righto!  Got it this time!

Simply have to back up tonight’s game with a performance and ideally, a victory. Especially as they’re around us in the table. 

Hard to change it for any other reason than fitness after that performance. Think they’ve earned a right to try and repeat. 

46 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Think an unchanged side makes sense. Would disappoint me if Waghorn or Jozwiak were dropped especially Jozwiak after his first goal and a good performance. Would be nice to see Ibe get 20 minutes if things were going well. 

Why would you drop Joz? I could understand dropping Waghorn he was only fit enough to make 60 minutes.

Same team. Great balance.

Potentially controversial, but I’ve not been impressed by Holmes or Sisley of late. Duane came on last night and looked slower and more tired than anyone else. Rooney mentioned after the game that players need to earn a place by putting 100% effort in (paraphrased) and I’m not sure Duane put enough effort in for me. Sibbo is a young lad who has a tenacity and work rate too him, his issue is that he’s stopped impacting matches and instead just loses the ball and makes poor decisions. I know he’s not had a huge amount of game time, I don’t mind his cameos off the bench, I just don’t think he deserves to start like so many do!

There are other players who haven’t been used much who deserve game time at the minute - Bird being one.

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

Same team. Great balance.

Potentially controversial, but I’ve not been impressed by Holmes or Sisley of late. Duane came on last night and looked slower and more tired than anyone else. Rooney mentioned after the game that players need to earn a place by putting 100% effort in (paraphrased) and I’m not sure Duane put enough effort in for me. Sibbo is a young lad who has a tenacity and work rate too him, his issue is that he’s stopped impacting matches and instead just loses the ball and makes poor decisions. I know he’s not had a huge amount of game time, I don’t mind his cameos off the bench, I just don’t think he deserves to start like so many do!

There are other players who haven’t been used much who deserve game time at the minute - Bird being one.

It’s curious isn’t it but maybe that’s the way with younger players who are developing. ?
Bird has always looked tidy and of any player is the one who looked best with Wayne as his personal on pitch coach. I think he needs to gain some self confidence without real time coaching. He’ll get there

Sibbo will get his chances ... he is just facing competition from Knight who is the pick of the crop and Shinnies battling qualities that we need so much at the moment.

I love Duane, has been such a Terrier but is out of form. He just needs to keep working at it as you suggest.

Anyway as long as Bielik carries on improving and raiding from deep, whoever is ahead of him will benefit. This is the bit that worries me a little. Like Thorne, once again there is a single fulcrum to the team. Who’s the best back up for him ?

Be careful about wishing for no changes for Saturday. Swansea played very well against Cardiff, were really up for it and Cooper rewarded them by picking an unchanged side against Derby. They were slow out of the blocks, allowed us to take the momentum and didn't seem to have the running in their legs to compete against us. It took three half time changes to give any momentum to their game, but the battle was already lost.

Rotherham will be a different proposition to Swansea, much more physical  and will present different challenges. I will trust Rooney and his team to assess for fitness, fit and choose his team accordingly.

24 minutes ago, angieram said:

Be careful about wishing for no changes for Saturday. Swansea played very well against Cardiff, were really up for it and Cooper rewarded them by picking an unchanged side against Derby. They were slow out of the blocks, allowed us to take the momentum and didn't seem to have the running in their legs to compete against us. It took three half time changes to give any momentum to their game, but the battle was already lost.

Rotherham will be a different proposition to Swansea, much more physical  and will present different challenges. I will trust Rooney and his team to assess for fitness, fit and choose his team accordingly.

however, they did play 98 minutes and lost to a last minute goal.  All to play for.  Every game we learn a little more about WR and his developing approach to management.  With no injuries will he keep the same team?  Or does he keep the spine and rotate the flair.  Interesting upside problem for a change

Archived