New Manager

dantheram

I think that performance has bought Cocu some time. I think we’ll stick with him at least to the next international break and see where we are at. If we are bottom 3 at that point Mel might make the call. 

However, like we turned it around after Christmas last season, I think we’re going to do the same now. This is a good team when everyone is fit, the last 3 matches have been a major improvement defensively and last night we looked a threat again.

I think we can get 2 wins from then next 3 and we need them 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Topram said:

That performance was a team playing for the manager 

Absolutely. The desire of Wisdom to sprint for that ball in the last few mins.

With how little football they have played, Lawrence and Waghorn put in a real shift.

I just hope at some point we are the right side some bad decisions. 

2 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Absolutely. The desire of Wisdom to sprint for that ball in the last few mins.

With how little football they have played, Lawrence and Waghorn put in a real shift.

I just hope at some point we are the right side some bad decisions. 

Definitely we are on one of them runs where nothing goes our way but we are showing fight 

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Yes, we should all be allowed to celebrate the improved performance.

Just like we're all allowed to share the disappointment of an undeserved defeat, like those to Watford and Huddersfield.

After all, the Cocu outers are truly restrained in such circumstances aren't they? Creating several threads filled with vitriol.

Anyway, we finally get a few of our forwards fit enough to play almost a full game and what happens.... the performance is better and we create more chances. Derr who'd've thought it?

So it was a reason, not an excuse, after all.

One game proves nothing. And this thread which is a critical thread has been given life by "i told you so" posts. The so called positive fans off the back of a victory using that victory to create negativity 

I mean I wouldn't have posted a single negative thing about last night. But when someone basically says "told you so" then I find myself writing how it was a draw against a team thats had a poor start.

See, if people want a happy clapping forum then thats down to happy clappers to shut up moaning about people moaning when nobody said feck all. 

"Cocu outers" are full of praise today. So maybe they're not the blind negative haters that you think. 

I wanted to offer the team praise after a heartening performance on Friday evening, if they have to face a lot of criticism, then they & the manager should receive praise after an improved performance. It was against another side, setting aside rivalry, that have also begun poorly, but like us, are expected to improve.  The midfield pairing of Knight & Shinnie offers the defence protection, competes & allows our attackers the confidence to go out & express themselves, & I concede the return of Lawrence & Waghorn has probably given the side more belief.

The commentary I listened to it described Shinnie as the sort of player who goes unnoticed/is not appreciated for what he does for the team. I cannot speak highly enough of Knight, seven games in, keep this up & he must be a shoo-in for POTY. Injury-permitting, I would be very surprised indeed if we are involved in a relegation scrap with these two in the midfield, & maybe Cocu realises he has to be pragmatic on occasion, so we should move up the table. The problem is that we need to build upon this performance & Cardiff won't be easy. 

43 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

I wanted to offer the team praise after a heartening performance on Friday evening, if they have to face a lot of criticism, then they & the manager should receive praise after an improved performance. It was against another side, setting aside rivalry, that have also begun poorly, but like us, are expected to improve.  The midfield pairing of Knight & Shinnie offers the defence protection, competes & allows our attackers the confidence to go out & express themselves, & I concede the return of Lawrence & Waghorn has probably given the side more belief.

The commentary I listened to it described Shinnie as the sort of player who goes unnoticed/is not appreciated for what he does for the team. I cannot speak highly enough of Knight, seven games in, keep this up & he must be a shoo-in for POTY. Injury-permitting, I would be very surprised indeed if we are involved in a relegation scrap with these two in the midfield, & maybe Cocu realises he has to be pragmatic on occasion, so we should move up the table. The problem is that we need to build upon this performance & Cardiff won't be easy. 

and Bournemouth away will be tough....then it gets a little bit easier ?

51 minutes ago, Alpha said:

One game proves nothing. And this thread which is a critical thread has been given life by "i told you so" posts. The so called positive fans off the back of a victory using that victory to create negativity 

I mean I wouldn't have posted a single negative thing about last night. But when someone basically says "told you so" then I find myself writing how it was a draw against a team thats had a poor start.

See, if people want a happy clapping forum then thats down to happy clappers to shut up moaning about people moaning when nobody said feck all. 

"Cocu outers" are full of praise today. So maybe they're not the blind negative haters that you think. 

Can’t let you get away with this. 

Sorry but the bile about Cocu has been horrible on here at times. 

Cocu is a good manager end of. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Can’t let you get away with this. 

Sorry but the bile about Cocu has been horrible on here at times. 

Cocu is a good manager end of. 

Saying "End of" doesn't make something end. You're only as good as the job you're doing. I can call myself a good plasterer and do a crap job but do I remain a good plasterer

What you're talking about is overall reputation which changes over time. 

What bile on here? Specifically please. 

Its good that we've turned a positive performance into a negative conversation and the people doing it are the people that want constant positivity.

"Told you so". I mean, grow up

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Saying "End of" doesn't make something end. You're only as good as the job you're doing. I can call myself a good plasterer and do a crap job but do I remain a good plasterer

Its good that we've turned a positive performance into a negative conversation and the people doing it are the people that want constant positivity.

Chill out mate. He’s only defending his man. 

now....about this plastering......

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yup. Nobody was being negative after that performance, everyone was unanimously praising. So the much better fans have to come out and shame the other ones for daring to voice any kind of doubt just to show how much better they are as supporters.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yup. Nobody was being negative after that performance, everyone was unanimously praising. So the much better fans have to come out and shame the other ones for daring to voice any kind of doubt just to show how much better they are as supporters.

I think it shows that a lot of the critics are far from narrow minded. 

If you wanted to be a dick you could take negatives from the result. Who wants to?

29 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I've consciously remained tight lipped after yesterday's game but it's worth pointing out that their was plenty flying in the direction of those trying to remain positive beforehhand. It's a door that swings both ways. If you are disrespectful of others, you'll get some back. It just how things work I'm afraid.

46 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You need to read your own posts occasionally mate. 

I mean one of your posts  said Derby’s senior players aren’t that good. 

Wow as if you ever played the game 

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I've consciously remained tight lipped after yesterday's game but it's worth pointing out that their was plenty flying in the direction of those trying to remain positive beforehhand. It's a door that swings both ways. If you are disrespectful of others, you'll get some back. It just how things work I'm afraid.

I think the reaction to the result showed what I kind of thought anyway, that most of the people who wanted Cocu out just ultimately want to see Derby win or Derby play some decent football. If people are going out and calling him Cocu the clown etc then yeah they do deserve a bit aimed at them, but I don't feel it's the case with the majority.

In a nut shell, we have been woeful for weeks, Cocus tactics have been rubbish, substitutions baffling, goals from open play none existent, people had every right to be miffed.

Last night was great and the performance against Watford deserved more too. 

But last night was a local Derby, if players can't get up for that game then they shouldn't be in professional football.

The real markers are the next 2 or 3 games, where if things are truly improving we will pick up points and maybe go on an unbeaten run.

The positive eggs saying "told you so" after 1 performance which gave is 1 point are as bad as those saying sack him after 1 defeat. 

3 more games takes us to the magic 10 marker, let's see where we are after that.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think the reaction to the result showed what I kind of thought anyway, that most of the people who wanted Cocu out just ultimately want to see Derby win or Derby play some decent football. If people are going out and calling him Cocu the clown etc then yeah they do deserve a bit aimed at them, but I don't feel it's the case with the majority.

I agree with you. Everyone in here, whether Cocu out or in, just want the best for our great club.

Unfortunately, however, some of the posts have gone too far with the vitriol, or what @Curtains called bile. Therefore, @Alpha should not be surprised when some of us, who have been affected by those unpleasant attacks, do feel like saying, as he puts it "told you so".

We have had the bad results and performances rammed down our throats and yet we have kept faith in Cocu. Yet, when we express anything, we're criticised for pointing out that things are starting to get better now the forwards are getting fit again.

This isn't aimed at you @Andicis because I think you are fair minded but others are not. They cannot "give it" and not expect anything back.

Archived