New Manager

dantheram

The Dyche stuff has to be made up rubbish? He wouldn't want to come here and to be honest I wouldn't want him here. 

His meat and potatoes philosophy might fly in a dump like Burnley with their cack facilities, crap ground and tiny budget but stick him in at any club (not just Derby) that operates what could be considered a 'modern' set up I reckon he'd be an absolute failure.

Dyche and Burnley are made for each other.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

or do people not remember that splendid Bolton team he built with Okocha, Campo, Anelka etc.  doing the business for them. 

Who got the players in for Allardyce? How long ago was it he had any success?

He sees us a a last pay packet. We can't afford him and I don't want him. Give us someone hungry for success.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who got the players in for Allardyce? How long ago was it he had any success?

He sees us a a last pay packet. We can't afford him and I don't want him. Give us someone hungry for success.

you don't think taking over an Everton team struggling in 18th to 8th counts as success?

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

you don't think taking over an Everton team struggling in 18th to 8th counts as success?

And were the Everton fans sad to see him go?

Ditto West Ham, Sunderland.....?

I suspect the only ones who had an affinity with him were the Bolton lot. 

14 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The Dyche stuff has to be made up rubbish? He wouldn't want to come here and to be honest I wouldn't want him here. 

His meat and potatoes philosophy might fly in a dump like Burnley with their cack facilities, crap ground and tiny budget but stick him in at any club (not just Derby) that operates what could be considered a 'modern' set up I reckon he'd be an absolute failure.

Dyche and Burnley are made for each other.

I’d keep a low profile in Burnley if you ever visit there.

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

And were the Everton fans sad to see him go?

Ditto West Ham, Sunderland.....?

I suspect the only ones who had an affinity with him were the Bolton lot. 

Everton fans and West Ham fans were delighted to see the back of him, and just as he was them. He took the former from the bottom of the division to 8th, and the latter into the Premier League and kept them there.

You must be forgetting the Sunderland reaction to when he went off to take the England job. His departure pretty much signalled the beginning of the end for that club in recent times. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Everton fans and West Ham fans were delighted to see the back of him, and just as he was them. He took the former from the bottom of the division to 8th, and the latter into the Premier League and kept them there.

You must be forgetting the Sunderland reaction to when he went off to take the England job. His departure pretty much signalled the beginning of the end for that club in recent times. 

My point was that the football couldn't have been that attractive to watch, no matter how effective in terms of results, for him not to be well liked by the fans.

To me, it's not just about results but also an enjoyable watch. That's why I wasn't a fan of Davies or Rowett.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

To me, it's not just about results but also an enjoyable watch. That's why I wasn't a fan of Davies or Rowett.

I agree with you. I fell out of love with Rowett for that exact reason! Didn't enjoy watching us under Paul Clement either, really.

I'm just a bit irritated by the assumption that Sam Allardyce's Derby County would automatically play a certain way. I'd be very interested to see what he could do with our squad, and what he could do with a team if he was allowed the time to build it up. 

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I agree with you. I fell out of love with Rowett for that exact reason! Didn't enjoy watching us under Paul Clement either, really.

I'm just a bit irritated by the assumption that Sam Allardyce's Derby County would automatically play a certain way. I'd be very interested to see what he could do with our squad, and what he could do with a team if he was allowed the time to build it up. 

Looks like it’s Mac 3 until the end of the season 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Looks like it’s Mac 3 until the end of the season 

If by Mac3 you mean Rookie Rooney with Mac upstairs, then you're probably right.

I completely agree with Eric Steele and others that this would be a huge mistake.

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If by Mac3 you mean Rookie Rooney with Mac upstairs, then you're probably right.

I completely agree with Eric Steele and others that this would be a huge mistake.

I think Mac is a bit more hands on than upstairs..... just my thoughts.

I can get on board with it, but it’s far too early to think this is going to be positive in the medium term.

We had a positive result with a bit of desire yesterday, but it needs to be consistently backed up this month. Games come quick - let’s not all get carried away. If by end of Jan we are well away from where we are - then maybe there’s a future long term. Winning 1-0 away at an injury ravaged Millwall is a start.... 

I hope we get out the mess

When it comes to managers like Warnock, Allardyce and Dyche you’ll always get a split fan base. 

Some fans have a vision and won’t compromise for their love of the beautiful game. Others like me don’t care a monkeys as long as the team is winning. Neither opinion is wrong, but I do find the hate for managers of that ilk amusing. Especially when we’re so so poor. 

We’re incredibly lucky that we’ve picked to have our nightmare season with the league so weak and with 3 or 4 other teams equally having a shocker.  

As much as he must be praised for yesterday I don’t believe Rooney is the way forward. I just want a proven manager in ASAP so I can sleep in the knowledge that we’ll be a championship team come the summer.

Archived