New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we appoint John Terry, we deserve to go down, we’ve learnt absolutely nothing. 

We’re not in the position to be another rookie managers  experiment, these stupid “fanfare” appointments and the media circus that comes with it, heaping yet more pressure and scrutiny on the club and the playing squad

“John Terry’s Derby County” I don’t think I could take that all over again. 

We’re staring relegation in the face for god sake, we need an experienced Manager who knows this division inside out. 

I’d definitely take JT if the alternative was Rooney & Rosenior. I’m not writing off their coaching careers however since they’ve had their roles, we’ve got worse, and since they’ve been in charge nothing has improved. Hiring Rooney and/or Rosenior might come good, however if we wait a couple more weeks for that to happen, how far adrift could we be with the games we have coming up?

At least JT would be a fresh face and hopefully fresh ideas. With Mac as technical director to assist him and bring in a couple of staff, possibly Eric Steele and an experienced number 2, there’s more of a chance of a revival than the other scenario in my opinion.

I would much rather a Big Sam, or Paul Cook figure however it doesn’t seem like we’ll be going down that route, the McClaren appoint pretty much signalled our direction with this appointment. If we do end up with JT then the current coaching team needs to be cleared. There’s no point having JT front the same team we have now, as then I think we’ll see very little change again, and Terry will bear the brunt of that “achievement” when really the problems are deeper rooted.

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

The funny thing is that Paul Cook would have probably ran down to Derby the minute he received the phone call and been in place the day after Cocu went. 

The issue is the money. There will be no financing of anybody, players or manager until the takeover happens fully. 

I'd be happy with JT. He is absolutely a leader and McClaren made him England captain so obviously must hold him in high esteem. 

I think he did a remarkable job with some players at Villa, Mings in particular, so I would be happy to roll with it. I know we aren't really in the position to gamble, but I think he could potentially call in some favours in January which makes our life easier as Lampard did. 

Allardyce would be my first choice, considering, but I'd take JT with a smile. 

19 minutes ago, Derbados said:

If we appoint John Terry, we deserve to go down, we’ve learnt absolutely nothing. 

We’re not in the position to be another rookie managers  experiment, these stupid “fanfare” appointments and the media circus that comes with it, heaping yet more pressure and scrutiny on the club and the playing squad

“John Terry’s Derby County” I don’t think I could take that all over again. 

We’re staring relegation in the face for god sake, we need an experienced Manager who knows this division inside out. 

What an idiotic statement "If we appoint John Terry we deserve to go down" 

Its immature sentiments like this that really annoy me!

Well done

I think if we get JT we need to be really careful about how the whole media will play out against him in the wake of the BBC doc with Ferdinand coming out. The timing of appointing him would be awful. Not exactly a motivating factor for a team void of confidence at the moment.

I'd definitely prefer someone with more experience in, but would now settle for anyone that means we'd clear out our current crop of first team coaching staff and start afresh.

6 minutes ago, roboto said:

I think if we get JT we need to be really careful about how the whole media will play out against him in the wake of the BBC doc with Ferdinand coming out. The timing of appointing him would be awful. Not exactly a motivating factor for a team void of confidence at the moment.

I'd definitely prefer someone with more experience in, but would now settle for anyone that means we'd clear out our current crop of first team coaching staff and start afresh.

Exactly - it would be absolute typical Mel Morris's Derby County if we appointed John Terry on the day they broadcast the Anton Ferdinand documentary and the whole country is reminded of Terry's racist language. 

I suspect like many, I'm feeling a bit fatigued by the hype of celebrity surrounding the club, appointing Terry would certainly not dampen that.

That said, discounting public perceptions (which isn't done lightly), he doesn't seem the sort of character who would meekly accept watching the kind of limp, surrender being served up at the moment.

You would imagine Lampard would throw him the odd bone in January, which would probably be enough to bail us out of the current predicament.

15 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Can see why Derby fans wouldn’t want Warnock in charge. He actually wins matches.

I know we were poor but that was a master class last night and he could have won that a number of ways.  Wasn't even a challenge to him but you could still hear him barking out the orders

Archived