New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Richard246 said:

Things will change significantly if we lose tonight.

May even be looking at a temporary appointment to end of season being told a lot is going on but right now I only have possible names and I am not risking naming them sorry.

waiting for announcement in 3, 2...

The thing is, we play Wycombe and Coventry next. If we lose, we are deeply in trouble. On the other hand, win both and we can rapidly move towards safety. A decent manager would be expecting 6 points. If we can bring in a manager tomorrow we have a chance at survival, hopefully helped by new manager bounce. Most likely thing looks to be giving it to McClaren. 

I suspect the key is to get rid of Rooney - but can we actually do it?

9 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

It may well be that if we lose tonight the club may well say that it isn’t quite working with the 4 in charge and say SM is going to step in in the short term, giving him 2 very winnable games to get the feel good factor back. That way it would ease him back in through the back door without ‘appointing’ him officially. 

Doesn’t look so daft now. 

Let’s be honest...

who in their right mind will want this impossible job. No manager with aspirations of success will come anywhere near this car crash. 

Whom ever takes the reigns will need to be a very special person with a strong no B-S type of character. Will need to be ready for the fight to take this lot to task get them fit for a starter and also have the balls to drop and discipline this group as and when required.
We need a no nonsense manager not a head coach or a committee we need an old school manager. 

1 hour ago, glyn1957 said:

At least this result will kill off any hopes Rooney had for getting the top job,if he can't see that he is part of the problem and is not willing to drop himself and put the team first then he's no good to us ,it's about the team not the individual.

i think so yes - no situation for a novice manager

Archived