New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Big Sam as manager would be enough for me to continue switching off football - I want someone who is sensible and will use the youngsters that we are producing who are good enough which creates interest for me - I still believe Paul cook is the most sensible appointment in terms of recent knowledge of the championship, successful at forming a team mentality and uses talented youngsters. I believe he would get us away from the relegation threat which will be an achievement and he could easily develop into a promotion winning team the following season. Big Sams days are gone and his style of football isn’t attractive if you want a full stadium of paying supporters.

His football might not be attractive but its works. Nobody will care what the football is like if we win games. Cant say I have ever been unhappy with a game if we've won, regardless if it was beautiful football or even if we deserved it.

1st choice now looking unlikely but not ruled out there has been talks.

Then the problem is other experienced managers are eying up possible premiership jobs tomorrow’s night result may make things reach a urgent conclusion.

I have not heard anything about Big Sam as yet but some say he has the job.

1 minute ago, w8sey said:

His football might not be attractive but its works. Nobody will care what the football is like if we win games. Cant say I have ever been unhappy with a game if we've won, regardless if it was beautiful football or even if we deserved it.

There is some truth in this. The thing people enjoy most in watching football, is to see their team score and win. People want "attractive attacking football".....I've always found scoring goals "attractive" and you only score by attacking, so the two go together for me. If it works, then I sought of find it attractive.

3 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

1st choice now looking unlikely but not ruled out there has been talks.

Then the problem is other experienced managers are eying up possible premiership jobs tomorrow’s night result may make things reach a urgent conclusion.

I have not heard anything about Big Sam as yet but he is available at the moment???

As far as you are aware Richard, is the takeover safely done.....if so why no update/announcement?

9 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

There is some truth in this. The thing people enjoy most in watching football, is to see their team score and win. People want "attractive attacking football".....I've always found scoring goals "attractive" and you only score by attacking, so the two go together for me. If it works, then I sought of find it attractive.

Built an attractive team at Bolton. Fantastic team to watch, has an eye for a transfer and was ahead of his game with data analysis. He will probably be holding out for a Premier League job however. 

Archived