Grealish

LE_Ram

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LE_Ram said:

Jack Grealish fined £85,000 and banned for 9 months after drink driving and driving dangerously on the M42.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-55315924

In my opinion should be a much longer ban and a larger fine - at least a month's wages possibly more

out of interest why?

not sure he should be punished more for a crime than someone who isn't as rich or famous.  Is it a lenient sentence when compared with you or me (I'm not famous or rich but you maybe though)?

49 minutes ago, Spanish said:

out of interest why?

not sure he should be punished more for a crime than someone who isn't as rich or famous.  Is it a lenient sentence when compared with you or me (I'm not famous or rich but you maybe though)?

I don't know what punishment poor people usually get, but from the government website:

Driving or attempting to drive while above the legal limit or unfit through drink

You may get:

6 months’ imprisonment

an unlimited fine

a driving ban for at least 1 year (3 years if convicted twice in 10 years)

If the fine can be unlimited it would have been nice to see something more of a deterrent that won't take him a couple of days to earn back. Not saying bankrupt the guy, but he won't care if he can't drive and the money is a pittance to him.

He wasn't charged with driving or attempting to drive over the limit........although having just seen the footage he should have been.....his excuse for the two crashes...crash 1 the wrong footwear ( he was wearing slippers) and crash two "blind panic"...... unbelievable

Surely he must have been breathalyser. I'm assuming he will have.

He cant have been over or with his past record he would have had a long ban.

Hes behaved like a nob this year with his covid rules breaking actions and this. 

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

out of interest why?

It's an interesting argument.  Speeding fines are now based on how much you earn,  but the offence is the same.  I'd say there are arguments that why should someone pay more just because they get paid more, and others to say the punishment is less severe if it's not a financial impact so do as a percentage of earnings. 

12 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

It's an interesting argument.  Speeding fines are now based on how much you earn,  but the offence is the same.  I'd say there are arguments that why should someone pay more just because they get paid more, and others to say the punishment is less severe if it's not a financial impact so do as a percentage of earnings. 

The other end of the argument is do those on the dole not get fined?  I do get the argument that a set fine for an offences is more damaging to some but my sense of justice is that we are all equal in the face of the law.  

Each one of us can make stupid mistakes and sometimes they have far greater impact just down to bad luck; the consequences have to be dealt with.  Repeat offences should receive extreme penalties.

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

The other end of the argument is do those on the dole not get fined?  I do get the argument that a set fine for an offences is more damaging to some but my sense of justice is that we are all equal in the face of the law.  

Each one of us can make stupid mistakes and sometimes they have far greater impact just down to bad luck; the consequences have to be dealt with.  Repeat offences should receive extreme penalties.

Yeah I don't know what side of the fence i sit to be honest. 

I guess treat everyone the same. 

My only issue which is separate to what the law might say is people like footballers do get preferential treatment. Had I gone out on a work do and got pissed , drove and seriously injured a work colleague chances are I'm sacked,  the same doesn't apply to most footballers,  at least those considered valuable so I wouldn't lose any sleep over them receiving harsher fines.

13 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

His driving looks fairly intoxicated on the CCTV.

It doesnt look good.

Either he wasnt over, or they didnt catch up with him until it no longer showed in the system.

Or he has a good lawyer.

For those who haven't seen it, I know the guy has done wrong but the way he got into the courtroom was top drawer. Got someone else to drive his car up to the front gates then, while all the Paps were clicking at the opening door, he walked round behind them unnoticed. Whoever thought of that is a smart lad (or lass).

https://metro.co.uk/video/jack-grealish-attempts-outsmart-photographers-court-entrance-2313914/

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

For those who haven't seen it, I know the guy has done wrong but the way he got into the courtroom was top drawer. Got someone else to drive his car up to the front gates then, while all the Paps were clicking at the opening door, he walked round behind them unnoticed. Whoever thought of that is a smart lad (or lass).

https://metro.co.uk/video/jack-grealish-attempts-outsmart-photographers-court-entrance-2313914/

What does he do when he needs to get back in his car then? Surely they just get all the photos they want when he comes back out.

Archived